30G L reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEANS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys another post here. Getting ready to order some lights for my tank which is 36 in L 12.5 W 17 in H. I am thinking about getting this light below. Is it enough to have some moderate light corals in my tank? it would only be 3.2 watts per gallon but my tank is only 17 in hight and 30g. if you know of a better light i should get please let me know thanks. edit: that isnt more then 150 dollars ( or around )
36" Aqualight (Salt) w/96W Lamp Sq Pin (ESU)

yhst-85300140756196_2052_226526041
iobox-tl.jpg
iobox-tr.jpg

Item #:209533Availability:Usually ships in 2-3 business days.Price:$107.99
iobox-bl.jpg
iobox-br.jpg

yhst-85300140756196_2052_48273

This a sleek and streamlined fixture designed to enhance and complement aquariums. The compact and low-profile style is suitable for applications where space is limited. It is equipped with a modern aluminum housing and a highly-polished aluminum reflector for optimal lighting. It includes a Coralife 50/50 compact fluorescent lamp and a protective acrylic lens which allows easy access to the lamp. The lamp combines actinic and 10,000k phosphors in one bulb to enhance both color and clarity in the aquarium. This full-spectrum lamp provides the aquarium's inhabitants with the proper light required for essential biochemical reactions. This fixture has a built-in ballast. Good for freshwater, saltwater and reef aquariums.

Instructions:
This fixture is for use over a covered aquarium.

Specifications:
Includes (1) 96 watt 50/50 square pin compact fluorescent lamp, on/off switch, sleek aluminum housing, highly-polished reflector and acrylic lens cover.

Size:
36" l x 5" w x 2.5" h

Warranty:
One year warranty.

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

As far as the light it will be OK for low to moderate light corals. It will not suffice for anenomes or SPS or any other high light corals. I have that same light on my refugium under my tank.

lol dang. What would you suggest I get so i could have some soft corals and anenome. I don't care to be able to have any and every coral or high light needing. just be able to have a good mix.

I would suggest T5`s. They have very good intensity and would be good for anenome`s. If it wasnt for that you could go with VHO`s as far as with soft corals and LPS corals.

what about this one? is $175
156W

36" x 8" 156 2-39 W 10,000°K
2-39 W 460 nm actinic Yes 3 36" x 8" Saltwater; 156 watt, CD-36004 $219.99 $175.99
oversized-line-list.gif

dot_clear.gif

* Brilliant, T-5 fluorescent aquarium light fixtures with enhanced light reflectors * Specially-designed reflectors redirect 20% more light into your aquarium than older Nova models * Energy-efficient light fixture for aquariums with higher light requirements
logo_current2.gif
Innovative reflector design maximizes T-5 light output. The popular Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures are now enhanced with a contoured single lamp reflector (SLR). A single polished reflector is specially formed to cradle each individual lamp to direct over 99% of the T-5 lighting into the aquarium. Low-profile fixtures measure only 2” high. Features energy-efficient electronic ballast, integrated cooling fan (select 4 lamp models only), docking mounts, and a protective splash lens. Includes T-5 HO lamps.

Going to probably buy the $175 one in the next day or so unless someone has any idea of a better one for around the same price. BTW this needs to be good enough to keep moderate light corals in my 30g. is it good enough?

Back
Top Bottom