30gal. Tank w no fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgansfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm trying to find a good group of fish for my tank I like ones that are very colorful and can have more than one or two ... That are also not guppies lol ;)

Tanks that size I like to go community. A couple schools of neons and glow light tetras would look awesome with some driftwood and some java fern.

Esemerson said:
Tanks that size I like to go community. A couple schools of neons and glow light tetras would look awesome with some driftwood and some java fern.

Thanx for the input :) I love the drift wood and fern idea! And I don't mean any offense in my ignorance but, dont those fish all look alike ? I really liked the cichlids bc they have so many colors and patterns :) but idk really anything about fish in general let alone a specific breed :/ so any feed back is well welcome and thanx :)

No offense taken. The reason I suggested community/tetras is because cichlids (new and old world) should be in larger tanks. Angels could work in a 30. But tetras are pretty colorful and there is a wide variety to choose from. Plus most of them school, which is neat. Good luck!

Morgansfish said:
Thanx for the input :) I love the drift wood and fern idea! And I don't mean any offense in my ignorance but, dont those fish all look alike ? I really liked the cichlids bc they have so many colors and patterns :) but idk really anything about fish in general let alone a specific breed :/ so any feed back is well welcome and thanx :)

U could get German blue rams

Esemerson said:
No offense taken. The reason I suggested community/tetras is because cichlids (new and old world) should be in larger tanks. Angels could work in a 30. But tetras are pretty colorful and there is a wide variety to choose from. Plus most of them school, which is neat. Good luck!

Not all cichlids... There are many dwarves/small cichlids suitable for smaller community tanks: rams, laetacara, dicrossus, apistogramma, Cupid, bandit, keyhole (my personal favorite), festivum, angels, kribensis (and other pelvicachromis species), nannacara, etc. just to name a few species and genuses

Esemerson said:

Well thanx ! I am seeing more and more that most of TE cichlids need lotsa space theyre one of my fav. Fresh fish :)I'll look up the tetras and stiff to I want a few tanks so try could always fill one ! It would be neat to have a school swimming around :) thanx again

Freakgecko91 said:
Not all cichlids... There are many dwarves/small cichlids suitable for smaller community tanks: rams, laetacara, dicrossus, apistogramma, Cupid, bandit, keyhole (my personal favorite), festivum, angels, kribensis (and other pelvicachromis species), nannacara, etc. just to name a few species and genuses

Thanx! are this colorful ones ? And which ones don't mind having a few around like 4/5 in a 30gal do you know ? I'll check out the keyhole ones to!

Morgansfish said:
Thanx! are this colorful ones ? And which ones don't mind having a few around like 4/5 in a 30gal do you know ? I'll check out the keyhole ones to!

If you want colorful, then ignore the keyholes, bandits, and cupids lol brown fish with black spots, but I love that lol if you want colorful, look into the apistogramma species, like cacatuoides, agassizi, Viejita, etc. or the Kribensis (pelvicachromis pulcher). The Apistos are harem breeders, so you could do 1 male and 3-4 females

Freakgecko91 said:

I looked at the keyhole they said they were light green body and black fins but they looked white with a little black lining on the fin? They were really cute though w the spot on their side :)

German blue rams ( gbrs) are notoriously fragile due to poor breeding stock from overbreeding and inbreeding in fish dams in Asia, so beware ;)

And this is a keyhole (baby, mind you)

image-972743268.jpg

Freakgecko91 said:
German blue rams ( gbrs) are notoriously fragile due to poor breeding stock from overbreeding and inbreeding in fish dams in Asia, so beware ;)

And this is a keyhole (baby, mind you)

Awe well that stinks :/ they are a stunning fish ! The little keyhole guys a very cute baby! So what do they end up like do they develop more color? I don't mean to sound like a snob, I just love colorful fishes lol?

Esemerson said:

Diamond Tetra, Head and Taillight tetra and Blue Kerri Tetra are sooo neat! Can you have just pairs or even do singles ? I might do these in my 10gal and electric blue rams and German blue rams in my 30gal :D

Back
Top Bottom