32 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do too. But is there any thing middle or top dwelling? I'm probably gonna get otos too :)

Tiger Barbs do best in a species-only tank!
not very many fish are compatible with them.

The ONLY fish that I know that are perfect matches are "Clown Loaches"
They tend to school with tiger barbs because of the similar stripes.

You can also get different colour variations of the tiger barb (Albino and green)

I have a school of gold long finned danios with my tigers. I plan on keeping the tiger to about 8 and upping the danios to 10 or 12 (55g tank). They are good together because the danios are so much faster than the tigers. I have to watch the feeding on bloodworms days just to make sure the danios get enough, but I think they are a good match. It's a nice contrast.

Whatever you pick just make sure they are quick and pref in a school.

I don't see why not! I am leaning towards getting some cherry barbs in another tank. People say they are a lot more mellow than the tigers. A lot less nippy.

Maybe try the green barbs (not sure technical name) look like tiger but have green tint-very pretty. I've had tigers in the distant past and will not have them again unless in multiples of many! They are mean fin nippers without a large school of them

Alright. Ill just bump up the school. Its at six right now. And ill add other barbs

Back
Top Bottom