34 gal. build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea hinds, I kinda had a horror story with my pistol, wrecked my layout and as for bangais, its more the color and shape im attracted too rather than the activity. thanks corey and austin, ill def look into some type of blennie.

Update: added th last of my live sand and 12 ;bs of rock making a total of a bout 24lbs. pics tmm when it clears(got cloudy again when i added more sand)

yeah, it tends to do that :lol:

and yeah banggai's are really cool, i just saw one at my LFS today just browsin for the never-gonna-appear small perc clown, and i've seen them before but it just caught my eye, if/when i do a larger tank, id like to see a school of them in there, hovering like they do

This is the tank so far(day 3). More rock will be added and will cover th two heaters as well. Ill also be getting a black or blue backround this weekend to cover the wires behind it.

Attachments

• 34 gallon 224.jpg
    34 gallon 224.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 174
Ive heard of a lot of good things about Bangai Cardinals. They look nice, they are always in view and you can have a small school of them. A black and white fish is always something unique to a tank. Adds a sort of contrast!

how many powerheads should I have for this tank? I was thinking 2 aimed at the front so they bounce off eachother. I like the koralia powerheads, what size should i get for this tank

2-3 at the most. I think a Hydro Koralia 4 (1200 gph) would do good. Maybe point them upwards and at each other to create a slight ripple on the surface for good oxygen exchange and convulsing currents.

okay ill look into them, thanks. Anybody have any other powerheads they like? im looking for cheap but effective.

Update: bought a leather cabbage coral for the tank once its done cycling

is that the new one for like 200 dollars?? lol yeah right thats so overpriced. i was thinking of two 750gph koralias. will that be enough in a 30 gallon tank? i plan to have them on the back wall pointed toward th middle and up so they create surface agiation and bounce off eachother

lol im pretty sure its even more than that, but it could definitely do the job by itself, and theres almost infinite customization when i comes to modes and power!

the two 750's sounds good, and placement sounds right as well, as chaotic(random is a better word for it) as you can make it, and of course surface agitation for gas exchange

lol well even if thats true, 200 somethin is crazy. So if i ordered thetwo thaat put out 750 gph thatd be enough? the tank is 3 feet long so I wanna make sure that they will reach eachother when placedat either end ofthe back wall and aimed to the top middle. basically they both have to push water about 15 inches before meeting

whoa, this is the rock from your BC14? are the fish still in there or what?

..at least the pH is around correct! though when cycling it doesnt matter whether you test your pH or not, as i just read it fluctuates like crazy

Back
Top Bottom