34 gal. build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL im assuming there was suppose to be commas in between them? if not then you just made a superfish lol. Anyway, im thinking 2 banggai cardinals or a flasher wrasse. anyone have any other suggestions?

Yes to the commas, not sure what happened. Love flasher wrasses, they're so colorful! But two bangaiis may be too few , I think they need larger groups.

Oh I didn't know that about pairs. How will you find one though? I've never seen a pair before...

Oh! Great then! I'd still go fror the flasher wrass though, much more active...

small update

first coral in the tank(besides a small shroom) beautiful toadstool leather

Attachments

• toadstool.jpg
    toadstool.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 104
Nice! I plan on getting one eventually, gotta get it small so it doesn't cover any other corals for light

saw some corals at lfs that i liked and they are having a 15% off weekend. I was just wondering which ones I can and cannot keep under this lighting.

purple plate coral(short tentacle)
trumpet coral
green lobo
red lobo
Galaxia
Acan
colt? i think

The Glaxian coral will burn everything around it. The trumpet coral needs lots of light. The colt coral is easy to keep, but give little warning if water quality isn't making it happy. No idea about the others.

In case you are still looking for a goby that likes to dig holes, you might think of a Diamond Watchman Goby. I have one and it is fun to watch him keep his area just the way he likes it. He has a cave that is his, and he keeps the entrance covered up with sand so only he can get in. When my small hermits get too close to his cave they get a free ride in his mouth to the other end of the tank. It's great.

Good question, my tank is big enough to prevent some of those wars. Usually these fish just threaten each other by who's mouth can get biggest.

They are only supposed to have problems with other fish of the same species. I don't know if that would mean all gobies, or just other diamond watchman gobies. I'm sure it depends on how much space they have in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom