35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay thanks huma and cabe, next time i feed ill have you guys watch to kinda help me out
thanks again!

and guys, im having a bit of an algae problem, assuming its from feeding what could you determine it to be? take a look at the white base rock, starting to get a darkish orange, close to red. but i dont think its coraline. get back to me and check out the live stream to see for yourself

either Diatoms or cyano prob, just dial back your feeding and drop the light schedule for a few days.i had the same issue and started running my lights for 4-5 hours a day for 4 days and it took care of it.

okay feeding and lights are getting cut back, can i still use led moonlights while my main lights are out?

newbjank said:
okay feeding and lights are getting cut back, can i still use led moonlights while my main lights are out?

It depends on how bright they are. If they aren't very bright at all then yes, but if it is bright, then your fish wouldn't be able to sleep.

got a new coral banded shrimp today!

Attachments

• IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 91
ya, i was gonna buy 2, but i have a med. sized pepp. shrimp and i was hoping the coral banded would bring him out a bit more.

newbjank said:
ya, i was gonna buy 2, but i have a med. sized pepp. shrimp and i was hoping the coral banded would bring him out a bit more.

I heard you can't just buy 2 because they'll fight. They would need to be a mated pair.

Ok thanks slith,
ill keep an eye on the pep shrimp. hopefully their compatible

so last night I came home at about 1:30 am and I was looking around the tank with a small led light and I saw a huuuugee worm like creature inhabiting a new piece of LR I recently bought. Its deffinitly not a bristle or a fire or w/e worm its called. It looked more like an earth worm lol, it wasn't harmfull it was just scanning and picking eating algae. Idk if died over night or left dropplings but their worm feces or remains on the sand bed under its home in the rock. Could someone help me out on that

The live feed is.going to be down for a little until I can get this algea bloom controlled. I've decided the last fish I'm going to get for the tank is a blue spotted watchman goby! Lfs has got one for me and their going to hold it for a little!

New, love the live feed But can you get a better camera it's a little grainy on my 60'':hide: LOL It's just to kool PS i dont even mind the algae :)

Grizz said:
New, love the live feed But can you get a better camera it's a little grainy on my 60'':hide: LOL It's just to kool PS i dont even mind the algae :)

Newbjank,I think you should send Grizz a Pm with your address,so he can send you a better camera.LOL

Back
Top Bottom