35 gallon tall reef beginner. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very weird. I have an anemone under less lighting for a month now and it's been thriving. Maybe it's just that anemone.

update vid, their was a little runoff anemone that my LFS store couldnt get off, since my water parameters were nearly perfect they said to keep him in the tank and see if the main heads were just sickly for some reason, the anemone is alive but hes looking a little thin, i took a few flakes and hand fed him.

I caved and bought a royal gramma as you can see in the video and he came into the tank with absolutely no problem, the clown looks happier lol. they already have a little community going. no nipping what so ever.

Im hoping the anem's makie it :(

‪VIDEO0038‬‏ - YouTube

Royal gramma is absolutely beautiful.:)
I sit there and watch mine almost forgetting the other fish there.

Sorry to hear about the Anemone.:( They are known for giving u a heart attacks like this. This is why they say not for beginners. I had one shipped to me by accident. I ended up finding a new home for him after a month. Now i will stay away from them until my tank is matured, have lots of time and $$$$$.Hope u have a better luck:)

Thanks griz and heera. Its a green bubble tip.
Okay so update today guys. I woke up and the small anem. Is starting to get a little more color and fullness to it. The tips are starting to regain their new color. We'll have to see if this lasts thanks all

And about the gramma. Deffinitely a beautiful fish! I can't believe how one new fish excites all three of mine lol.

Have you tried feeding him silverside.
You may be over feeding him? Feed him silverside twice an week.
It seems as the more sick we feel they are more we feed them. Its like someone trying to feed you large pizza when you are sick in bed

just dont feed for 2-3 WHOLE days and then try it...the mild starvation should entice him to eat;)

No problem huma.
I took the last anem. To my lfs. They said they'd salvage the rock for me if they could get it off safely.
I was just overwhelmed and wanted it to be put in hands of professionals. I feel like I failed the anemone. Its gonna take me a while to get over this one :(
My first organism lost in saltwater fish keeping :(

newbjank said:
No problem huma.
I took the last anem. To my lfs. They said they'd salvage the rock for me if they could get it off safely.
I was just overwhelmed and wanted it to be put in hands of professionals. I feel like I failed the anemone. Its gonna take me a while to get over this one :(
My first organism lost in saltwater fish keeping :(

No worries. Be patient you will have another anemone and you will be successful.
This was too much too fast. Now u understand why people were going to be angry. I guess from now on you will be too. I been in the same boat.
Just let the tank get mature about a year, learn more about anemones.

Now let the saltwater tank adventure continue ...:)

Heera said:
No worries. Be patient you will have another anemone and you will be successful.
This was too much too fast. Now u understand why people were going to be angry. I guess from now on you will be too. I been in the same boat.
Just let the tank get mature about a year, learn more about anemones.

Now let the saltwater tank adventure continue ...:)

Thanks heera, ill deffinitely think a bajillion times before I buy new livestock, and consider not using Craigslist for livestock. By no means do I blame the previous owner cause it was on me I just needed to make a more thought out decision.

Just bought 40lbs of liverock from craigslist for $2/lb. compared to 6.99$ in the store.
It's will sit in qt for a week under strong powerheads. so I know what's in there.
Just need to Know what you are buying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom