35g hex stocking advice!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dakotajoe1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have a new 35g hex SW with a eheim 2215 canister and a "aquarium systems" protein skimmer. I plan on adding coral once I upgrade my lighting but for now I can't decide what fish I should stock it with. I considered jus keeping 1 fu-man-chu lionfish but I think I would rather have a few smaller fish instead. Any suggestions on what to add? I know its kind of a matter of personal opinion but I'm sorta new to this and having trouble deciding. And advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I love clowns. But if I went with those and the fire fish and jawfish could I add anymore? Or would it be over stocking?

What about doing a seahorse tank? Typically hex tanks are taller which is perfect for seahorses. Bonus there is depending on your lighting it may not require an upgrade. Seahorses need to kept with non stinging corals which typically are the less light demanding corals like mushrooms. Plus how awesome would it be to show off your seahorses!!!!!!!! I plan to do that with my 29g and I suggest you at least look into it. I did a small amount of research on seahorses and found out two main things, they are sensitive and they have amazing character. Apparently if you get a pair they will actually great each other every morning with a dance which I'm told is pretty neat to witness. Plus how awesome are seahorses!!!!!!!

Its funny that you mentioned seahorses. My brother and I have been wanting to get into breeding SW fish and I think my first crack at it will be seahorses. I heard they are fairly easy and they can yeild some decent cash if done right.

Ya I think once I ship my 29 and my 55 down here from illinios ill make the 29 a seahorse showtank and the 55 mainly all coral. But I think I'm going to breed them in the hex. All I should really need to do it wrap the intake with filter floss and ill be good to go

Back
Top Bottom