36 g bow front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got this new tank and cycling It at the moment won't put fish in for couples weeks a lot although when I did 30 % water change on my other tank I used sum that water to put in new tank. Now wanted cheek make sure befor I go buying the fish would the following be ok for this size. A bull dog Pleco, mayb 2 dwarf gurimies a couple bean tetras and a couple glo tetras.

Yes, all of the fish on your list will be fine in a 36-gallon. I would wait until your tank matures with algae before getting the bulldog pleco. A new tank simply does not have an adequate amount of algae to feed the pleco; and although you could feed them other foods, I would wait a while before buying them.

Get either one or three gouramies, but not two. If you get two, the alpha fish will pester the other one. Three will spread the aggression around.

Tetras are schooling fish. Get at least 7 of each. Your tank is big enough to house them comfortably.

David

Thank you, and yes I know about waiting till the tank is more grown for the pleco. I'm actually still waiting a few weeks of cycling before I add any fish but I'll wait a couple mons for the pleco. And I will deffently go with the 3 gurimies.. I love the flame and powdered blues!! Would 4 be ok maybe two of each ?

Four is fine. They will most likely be all males. Breeders keep the females because they're drab in color and, well, to breed them!

David

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Just got this new tank and cycling It at the moment won't put fish in for couples weeks a lot although when I did 30 % water change on my other tank I used sum that water to put in new tank. Now wanted cheek make sure befor I go buying the fish would the following be ok for this size. A bull dog Pleco, mayb 2 dwarf gurimies a couple bean tetras and a couple glo tetras.

This is my opinion. Males will 90% fight. You MIGHT be lucky to avoid the fighting like I have. Mine don't fight and their the best of friends. I would do one male and 2 females

Ok thank you I think I'm gunna get one for each of the tropical tanks I love them they are soo pretty :)

Back
Top Bottom