36g bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got got a 36 gal bowfront for Xmas I'm excited to get it stocked in a few days

I just got got a 36 gal bowfront for Xmas I'm excited to get it stocked in a few days

Hi there! Sorry to say but you can't stick it in a few days. You need to cycle it first! Do you know wha the nitrogen cycle is? I not i suggust you research it! You can't add fish immediately or else the fish will be exposed to harmful levels of ammonia. Nitrite, and nitrate and wil die. So hopefully you will look into that. What are you planning in stockin with!

Ammonia is 0 in the process of bringing down the ph but it's goin ok

I wanna get some rainbow sharks and a few dwarf gourami

Ehh. Well no rainbow sharks....... They need a 48" tank. 55 gallons. And only 1 dwarf gourami in a tank, unless you get a male and some females, but females are rarely sold! So it would be a good idea to start a thread asking about stocking input. A basic 36 gallon tank would consist of

1 top center piece(dwarf gourami)
6-8 bottom dwellers(Cory cats or kuhli loaches)
6-8 middle level schoolers
6-8 top level schoolers
1 or a pair if a other solitary center piece( apistogramma, ram)

Depending on wht ya like, you could try
1 dwarf gourami
6 panda Cory's
8 rumynose tetras
6 harqualin rasboras
2 German blue ram
Sorry about the rainbow shark, I too really wanted one, but after many questions and reasherching I found my tank(37 g) is not suitable. I also would possible rethink the dwarf gourami. They have been very unhealthy and nearly 1/3 of the stock has had dwarf gourami disease lately which is incurable and fatal. A honey gourami would be a good alternative, and I think you could have 2 of those

Ehh. Well no rainbow sharks....... They need a 48" tank. 55 gallons. And only 1 dwarf gourami in a tank, unless you get a male and some females, but females are rarely sold! So it would be a good idea to start a thread asking about stocking input. A basic 36 gallon tank would consist of

1 top center piece(dwarf gourami)
6-8 bottom dwellers(Cory cats or kuhli loaches)
6-8 middle level schoolers
6-8 top level schoolers
1 or a pair if a other solitary center piece( apistogramma, ram)

Depending on wht ya like, you could try
1 dwarf gourami
6 panda Cory's
8 rumynose tetras
6 harqualin rasboras
2 German blue ram
Sorry about the rainbow shark, I too really wanted one, but after many questions and reasherching I found my tank(37 g) is not suitable. I also would possible rethink the dwarf gourami. They have been very unhealthy and nearly 1/3 of the stock has had dwarf gourami disease lately which is incurable and fatal. A honey gourami would be a good alternative, and I think you could have 2 of those

And doing some reading I have gravel so I can't really do loaches

Well I believe they are alright with gravel, and the reason for 6+ is that when your group is smaller they hide and are shy!

I'll pm you, we are really being disrespectful to the OP and should get back to the origional topic

Back
Top Bottom