36g stocking questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryan071108

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 36 gallon tank that has been set up and running for a long time. It currently has 2 blue ram cichlids, 4 yo-yo loaches, 11 neon tetras, and a few cory cats. The tank just seems really bare, especially at the top. I was thinking about adding some rummy-nose tetras, would that be okay? I was also wanting to add peaceful cichlids or something like that and get away from all the tetras and such. Any suggestions or should I just stay with what I have?

Welcome to AA :) id say that you are pretty close to stocked and there really aren't any other cichlid options for you but how bout a dwarf gourami to add to the surface movement and would add great color

Neon tetras bioload is so minuscule that you should be okay with adding maybe a school of 5-6 silver hatchets. They stay at the top 98% of the time

Reason I would consider this tank close to stocked is that your housing German blue rams which need prestine water quality so a fully stocked tank is risky with them since they have been known to die unexpectedly

What about like harlequin rasboras instead of hatchetfish? Only a couple.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom