36gal bowfront advice on fish additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flatty

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just finished up cycling my tank.
I have

6 serpae tetras
6 red eye tetras
6 black neon tetra
and an albino bristlenose(does he need driftwood)

I would like a couple more fish. I would really like German Blue rams, are they best in pairs?
I have thought of dwarf/fire gourami will they go solo or is a pair better?
My wife wants a koi marble angel and my LFS says it will be fine but the tetras seem like they may nip. This probably gets me stocked and maybe slightly over . Any advice?

I would vote for one ram and one gourami, or one ram and one angel.
I mean basically I agree with Fishperson.

Ok so rams don't need to be purchased in pairs? Will the other tankmates me a little too nippy for an angel?

No, they don't. And actually, now that I think of it, I meant a ram pair, or a ram and a gourami, or just an angel. I just didn't say it right. :hide: But it isn't that big of a deal, it's close enough.

I would recommend not getting an angel in anything smaller than a 55 gallon, but the 36 and 37s are really tall... So you should be okay with one. Also, it sounds to me like u are looking for a centerpiece fish. Look into pearl gouramis, a pair would look amazing.

been a busy week haven't had time to fool with it. With so many tetras that can get nippy is any gourami safe?

Well red eyes shouldn't get nippy but the other two will. I think the pearl gourami might be able to fend for itself though. I'd be more worried about the tetras TBH... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom