37 Gallon Build! (finally :))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright I know its been a week, and I have no idea if anyone is still following or not but I'm going to keep posting anyway lol tomorrow is the big move! I just got a confirmation email today that my filter shipped so it'll be at the longest, monday, before I will be able to tranafer my current stock into the new set up. But tomorrow I will set up the tank and post picture, I can't wait to see how it looks!

Great news! I got my filter today! The minute I saw it arrive at the post office I was there lol so tonight I'll have the tank completely set up and transfer my fish over tomorrow :)

Pictures will have to wait, the sand made the water cloudy you can barely see anything. When it settles tomorrow I'll definitely have some up. It's been a long day of moving and at 1 am, its time for me to get some rest :)

Well here's one pic if the tank, theres no fish in right now and only half of the decor. It was decently clear this morning but after I added some plants I stirred the sand back up. My filter fits perfectly and I love hoe quiet it is! Hopefully it'll look better in a couple hours when I add the fish :)

Your tank must be nicer then mine, it has a much more "modern" hood than mine and a really cool stand. Good luck with the tank, it looks really nice.

Thanks its a marineland 37 gallon hood, stand, and tank combo from pets Mart. The hood is is a LED hood and light bar with blue lunar LEDs. It's clearing up pretty good today, I'd say its about 50% or so clear. I'm definitely going to need some more tall plants for the left side. I'm trying to decide if I want to add a bubbly wall or just try to keep it completely natural. The drift wood is going to be moved slightly forward, IMO its too far back, but my cories sure do love all the space and sand!

ForumRunner_20120812_112935.jpg

Yeah I washed it half a bag at a time ( 50 lb bag) until it ran clear. I wasn't exactly the most careful person putting it in the tank so that didnt help anything. At the rate its going I expect it to clear by Tuesday at the latest

I have media added from my odd tanks filter to "instant" cycle. I'm going to wait a couple weeks to add to my existing stock so that the new filter can build up its own bb

Here's an up date of the water clearing....almost there!

ForumRunner_20120813_134236.jpg

ForumRunner_20120813_134156.jpg

One of my Bolivians really wanted to pose lol

The water finally cleared up! I love my new tank, especially after tweaking it by moving a couple plants, adding one to the back left corner and sliding the drift wood forward. My shrimp love to camp out under the wood, its on a perfect slope of the sand to create an overhang :):):)

ForumRunner_20120814_182612.jpg

ForumRunner_20120814_182644.jpg

ForumRunner_20120814_183133.jpg

ForumRunner_20120814_183206.jpg

In my experience with sand, I turn my filter off while doing pwc, & don't turn it back on til like 15-20 mins after I add my fresh water, so I don't suck up a ton of sand.. Idk if it helps or not, but I do it anyways.. :p btw Tank looks great!!

Yeah I'm definitely going to be very careful during pwc, I don't want to screw up my sink with sand going down the drain or mess up the filter intake. And thanks! I'm surprised I'm actually happy with it this early! (For now lol)

water12 said:
Yeah I'm definitely going to be very careful during pwc, I don't want to screw up my sink with sand going down the drain or mess up the filter intake. And thanks! I'm surprised I'm actually happy with it this early! (For now lol)

Yeah, I just switched to sand in my 75 gal, & I instantly loved it.. & I knew my Cichlids would. :)

Attachments

• image-2387901028.jpg
    image-2387901028.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 75
That looks amazing! As a birthday present for myself today I just bought a small school of bloodfin tetras. O have been checking the parameters and I have ph of 7.5, amm is 0, nitrite is 0, and nitrate is 5. Ill be watching the levels carefully for any spikes. They are acclimating now :)

water12 said:
That looks amazing! As a birthday present for myself today I just bought a small school of bloodfin tetras. O have been checking the parameters and I have ph of 7.5, amm is 0, nitrite is 0, and nitrate is 5. Ill be watching the levels carefully for any spikes. They are acclimating now :)

Happy Birthday.. Ha, & thank you.. I hope the tetras do good! Hopefully you don't get a mini spike.. :) can't wait to see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom