40B Irish Countryside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well this is tank showcase thread and so i figured i was showcasing my tank in general area. if i put it in planted tank section most often only ppl gonna visit that section are plant ppl. so I think I got it in the right spot but ty for mentioning it in case i was thinking in a dif place

It's fine. Paul87 did the same thing with his 40b reef and still doing updates on it.

Caleb

well this is tank showcase thread and so i figured i was showcasing my tank in general area. if i put it in planted tank section most often only ppl gonna visit that section are plant ppl. so I think I got it in the right spot but ty for mentioning it in case i was thinking in a dif place

Just seemed like the planted tank section is missing out on a such an epic scape...when this grows in it'll be a beaut!

sit in silence

Oh just wait for the next one I did something today I think is going to make the next one top even this one rofl

will tell details later after water changes

Ok guys well I am working on my next tank which was sort of a challenge tank. I got with Rachel O'Leary one of the foremost eggspurts on Nano fish and told her I wanted her to pick the fish for the next tank for me but not tell me what they are. I told her just need the water parameters and the region. Well the other day she chose the region it will be SE Asia/Inda. so could be all kinds of things from micro crabs and weird catfish to pencil fish to who knows. So while thinking I thought maybe a jungle ruins theme like Angkor Wat in Cambodia. That was one I always wanted to recreate but then I thought hey I did Irish Countryside which is a semi land location thing I want to come up with something killer. SOOOOO today thinking totally off the wall I went to the local Train Hobby shop and picked up a few different silicone molds for rocks. I know they use plaster in them but silicone can mold abt anything so I was thinking either A: Use ceramic liquid clay let it set then take to be fired which I then can paint and will look realistic, or B: resin cast with some kind of fish friendly resins. I prefer A but it is trying to get it out of the mold without breaking the green clay.

tank-16.jpg

tank-17.jpg

tank-18.jpg

Ok I have my Micranthemum sp "Monte Carlo", planted and my Hemianthus Callitrichoides (HC) dwarf baby tears done and my Utricularia Graminifolia around my tree. oh and my Bylxa Jap planted at end of wall And I can finally call the tank Completed. well other than fish and shrimps and that but all scaping is finished and just waiting for it to fill in and to get it stable so I can add livestock

tank-22.jpg

tank-23.jpg

tank-24.jpg

tank-25.jpg

Looking good. Let us know how it looks in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yes using pressurized CO2 enrichment
Commonly used with what is called High Tech planted tanks. CO2 infused into the tank allows the plants to grow better and produce rich vibrant colors. usually used with hard to grow plants high lights co2 enriched. most plants can be grown without it but a few of the ground cover plants and the ones that turn red need it to grow best and to turn colors

I have just been email tagging with Rachel O' Leary who was catching up her emails cause shes on vacation. she just loves my aquascape and thinks I should do a writeup with pics for AGA lol I told her I should define my Terrestial Aquascapeing Genre and do a writeup on that adding this build into it hehe. to me my Concept is take something you find on dry land for your aquascape with something manmade in it ie my wall and recreate it underwater.

Back
Top Bottom