40B stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 40b isn't suitable for discus sadly. They need a 4ft tank and to be in groups of 6+

I would also skip out on the second pair of GBRs. Multiple pairs in a single tank usually ends up with a single pair left alive since they seem intent on entering into some medieval gladiatorial games where they kill each other.

Have you thought about some bottom dwellers? Maybe some cory cats, kuhlis, or botia loaches would be great.

The 40b isn't suitable for discus sadly. They need a 4ft tank and to be in groups of 6+

I would also skip out on the second pair of GBRs. Multiple pairs in a single tank usually ends up with a single pair left alive since they seem intent on entering into some medieval gladiatorial games where they kill each other.

Have you thought about some bottom dwellers? Maybe some cory cats, kuhlis, or botia loaches would be great.

+1

Fishobsessed7

Yes Mebbid is correct about not putting Discus in a 40b as they need larger groups and tanks. They're also a much more demanding fish than the others in your list. The AqAdvisor quotes for WC's is highly inaccurate for them and tank mates with temps lower than 80° is a poor choice. I'd recommend a lot more research about the Discus first.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

ok, i picked up 8 brilliant rasboras, which i LOVE so far. thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom