450 Gallon Fish n Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that's an awsome set up I would love to have the knowledge and the money to run a tank like that are the hard and expensive to keep

I've been thinking of setting up a larger SW tank but the massive wcs have kept me from starting it (and money of course lol) but could you enlighten me on how you do it? My python has saved me a lot of work on my FW but I'm still dragging a bin of SW across my house to my tank which I think I may have trouble doing with 75gs lol

As a New Saltwater enthusiast , this is incredible. Thank you for sharing this. Vinny

I have three 43 gallon heavy duty trash cans. I set 1 up the day before with 40 gallons of RO water. Drop a Koralia 4 and heater in there while adding the Britewell salt. The next day I prep 35 gallons in the other can. The third can is set up with a submersible pump with a water hose run out to the yard. Siphon water with a piece of 1" flex hose to the 35 gallon mark. Takes a few minutes. Plug in the submersible pump. While its pumping I change the filter socks. Then I siphon another 35 gallons(70 gallons total). Start the pump again and clean my skimmer while it's pumping. When I'm done pumping the waste water I take the pump from that can and drop it in the can with new saltwater. While that is pumping I put away the waste can and cleanup. Then pump the second can in topping off the tank with 75 gallons. Once you get a system down it goes pretty quick.

So do you not actually have to move any water..is your water station close to the tank or do you run long hoses from you pumps and if so wut size pump would u recommend to move water about 30' then up a 5' head. I actually just flooded my bathroom for the second time yesterday while prepping a water change, ended up with about 15 gallons of RO on the floor lol

Back
Top Bottom