46g bowfront african tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
Just thought I should also point out both those setups are terrible ideas lol

Lol. Yeah I want happy cichlids I've seen some stressed out ones they just turn black almost. Can't be good for them.

Sharkbait54 said:
Lol. Yeah I want happy cichlids I've seen some stressed out ones they just turn black almost. Can't be good for them.

Honestly this peacock showed no signs of stress and chased off red devils so was obviously healthy lol but that's not gonna happen for many people just this rare case. If I were you which I own 2 46bf tanks I would pick your favorite peacock or mbuna and do a breeding group in it but its gonna come down to what you want. I've just always loved watching them build the nests and try to lure in the ladies haha

Mrc8858 said:
Honestly this peacock showed no signs of stress and chased off red devils so was obviously healthy lol but that's not gonna happen for many people just this rare case. If I were you which I own 2 46bf tanks I would pick your favorite peacock or mbuna and do a breeding group in it but its gonna come down to what you want. I've just always loved watching them build the nests and try to lure in the ladies haha
Oh im sure your fish are healthy.

I wish i had room for 2 bowfronts ha!

It wasn't my fish it was mines dad which came from a buddy who breeds SA cichlids now

I was looking at the 55g tanks. I really like the bowfronts, but would the fish benefit any from having the extra room: I know it's like a foot longer. Tell me what ya think?

For Africans the more floor space the better but if your looking at 55s and want the bowfront still what about a 72?

Mrc8858 said:
For Africans the more floor space the better but if your looking at 55s and want the bowfront still what about a 72?

It's going in my room 55g is probably gonna be the biggest without looking like a douche lol.

The 72 is still four foot long but you get the extra gallons thanks to the bowed front so it really wouldn't be much different size wise but you'll still have that beautiful curve :) it was just a thought though and I'm a big fan of the curved tanks ( that's why I'm currently running a 46 reef and 46 Malawi lol)

Mrc8858 said:
The 72 is still four foot long but you get the extra gallons thanks to the bowed front so it really wouldn't be much different size wise but you'll still have that beautiful curve :) it was just a thought though and I'm a big fan of the curved tanks ( that's why I'm currently running a 46 reef and 46 Malawi lol)

Yeah, i love bow fronts but a 72 in my room is too big lol i might just stick with my 46 whats your stock?

Labs and my beautiful OB :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120802_205951.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120802_205951.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom