5 Gal FW Planted Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the compliments. Tank is doing well. I just spent a week in the Caribbean on vacation, and came back to a lot of new plant growth... so much for "dwarf" hairgrass. It got a big haircut. The canister filter has been installed for almost 2 weeks now, and it is really amazing... the water is crystal clear... although I am wondering if I have to much flow. I had to install the ugly green spray bar across the top of the tank for the time being, as the ADA inflow lily pipe broke during shipping, and I am waiting on the ADG shop to get more in stock and send me a replacement. That will help, as it will allow me to better direct the inflow. Now if I can just find some clear metric tubing to replace the stock green eheim tubing, I think the tank will be about complete (equipment-wise anyway).

19738-albums378-picture8282.jpg

Here is a recent photo of the tank. The hairgrass is spreading nicely. I had to trim the rotala so I lost a lot of the red tops. It is still looking ok though.

I added the eheim canister filter. I ordered do!Aqua inflow/outflow pipes, but the inflow pipe broke on shipping, so I am waiting on my replacement. The outflow pipe is visible in this shot. I am very happy with the canister filter. The thing is absolutely silent and it definitely moves the water. I was glad to retire the HOB in the spirit of minimizing tech in the tank. The only non-glass thing left in the tank now is the ugly eheim green spray bar... can't wait for the do!aqua glass lily inflow to arrive (in 1 piece this time...).

Great looking tank,I read where you made your own ferts.How hard is it to make,or if you start selling again let me know.I am setting up a 120 planted tank that will have 30 to 40 neon tetras and some ots.I still have alot to learn about planted tanks.

Thanks Alisha.

Snake: the ferts aren't hard if you have a scale. Check out rexgrigg.com. He has some good instructions and sells ferts too.

19738-albums378-picture8402.jpg

Latest FTS. Hairgrass is coming in nicely. Have a couple of berried RCS now too.

Hairgrass gone wild...

So I finally had to replace the co2 tank today... 5lb tank will keep a 5 gal tank at about 30ppm for about a year if anyone is interested. :)

Just hooked up the co2, waiting for the drop checker to go green again... Not used to seeing the blue.

Trimmed the rotala again so all the red tops are gone. It doesn't ever seem to take long to grow back...

Attachments

• image-3059877204.jpg
    image-3059877204.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 246
hey fort. how did you like that new probe that you had got for your ph controller?

Hey tim good to see ya!

I love it, and it is still working well. I recalibrated it today since I was swapping the co2 tank and it hasn't drifted at all even after all this time in the tank. the yellow plastic one drifted a lot over that same timeframe.

good to see you too. glad your back and want to say thank you for your service.

do you remember where you got it from?

Back
Top Bottom