5 Gal FW Planted Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are just too cute....

Tank is always looking good...I can see the rotala peeking...won't be long it will be tall again.

Some phot updates. The plants have filled back in nicely.

Attachments

• image-1236222515.jpg
    image-1236222515.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2606208013.jpg
    image-2606208013.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 102
Yes, it has a pressurized CO2 system on it. Also target dosing N, P, K, and micro nutrients, and it has ADA aquasoil substrate. The light is a 27W CF.

Yes, it has a pressurized CO2 system on it. Also target dosing N, P, K, and micro nutrients, and it has ADA aquasoil substrate. The light is a 27W CF.

I wouldn't have thought that they would put out enough light from what I read in planted tank forums. Nice to know that I don't necessarily have to go with high tech lighting. That's good to know!

It's only a 5 gal tank, and it is only about 14" deep. I have grown Rotala Macranda using the fixture with no trouble. If it will grow that, it will grow just about anything.

It's only a 5 gal tank, and it is only about 14" deep. I have grown Rotala Macranda using the fixture with no trouble. If it will grow that, it will grow just about anything.

Yeah, if ai went with them I would go with several of them. How many of them do you think a 55-long would need for the plants to remain healthy?

I wouldn't put cf on a 55 gal. I would use t5ho. They are great for nano tanks though.

You could do it, and it would work just fine. I would just rather use t5ho because it provides so much more PAR, especially for deeper tanks.

T5ho = T5 size high output florescent.

By the way in case there is confusion, I am not talking about screw in type spiral cfl bulbs. I am talking about CF type 4 pin florescent bulbs.

Are you wanting a high light/high tech, or medium light, or low light?

Not high tech, I can't afford that if I want to stay married. Whatever it would take to grow a decent set of plants in the aquarium.

Aquarium plants are an area I'm not too knowledgeable in. I avoided them for too long because of the trouble I had with them in the past.

Alright... I would get a 2X54 T5HO. That would meet your needs. Do me a favor though, start another thread if you wanna continue discussion on it... this journal is getting a little off track ;)

Latest photos. Added some Blyxa to this tank as well.

Attachments

• image-1962634665.jpg
    image-1962634665.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 167
  • image-172596351.jpg
    image-172596351.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image-3197706158.jpg
    image-3197706158.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom