5 gal part deux - looking for suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
Hi all! It has been a busy couple of months, but we are finally settled in after the move from Arizona to Georgia.

I have finally gotten to the point where I am ready to setup my 5 gal tank again. I want to do it better than the first time. I think I want to go with all rock for the hardscape (no driftwood) and grow 2-3 species of very fine leaved plants / ground cover.
Something like THIS is what I am going for.

I will be running pressurized CO2 and a good amount of light, and I can/am willing to use a full compliment of fertilizer depending on which plant species I go with.
Attached is my first attempt at the hardscape. Am wondering if I should go with less rock... I am really concerned about scale - I want to make this tank look like one of those aquascapes where you may think you are looking at a 55 gal tank.

If anyone has some words of wisdom / suggestions for the hardscape setup let me know. I am going to take this slow and get it the way I want before I even put water in the tank.

As far as fauna, I am thinking maybe 2-3 cardinal tetras, and maybe some RCS. But, that is several weeks off.

Attachments

• 5gal.jpg
    5gal.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom