5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll use any kind of cover, including floating stuff. They spend a lot of time suspended under floating plants.

I put some plants in there last night just in case, and you were right! I woke up this morning and one was hanging out up there! :) Thanks!
EDIT: Two of them were now! :)
Too bad I have to take those floating plants out for the pennywort and riccia fluitans... :/

I am temporarily moving the dwarf baby tears to my 20g with 2x24w T5HO. I moved my brazillian pennywort in, and I might also move over some riccia fluitans. Pictures soon

No more co2 stuff or drop checker for a while... :) That brazillian pennywort will grow a lot and hopefully provide some cover at the top for these fish. For the past 3 days, I had only been seeing 4 of them. So today I decided to look in the filter and found one. She was alive! I hope she will be ok. Because of that incident, I out a sponge on the intake.

One of the males turned really dark colored... I will get try to get a picture

LOL I caught them snuggling again. I am starting to see new growth on the brazillian pennywort (the plants they are resting on)! :) I can see little buds.

maxwellag said:
LOL I caught them snuggling again. I am starting to see new growth on the brazillian pennywort (the plants they are resting on)! :) I can see little buds.

Haha cool pic!

All these pictures I have been taking are from my phone. I really should use my good camera. Haha.

Austin.b said:
What does it mean when they color up?:)

When the males get really colorful (in this case dark body with bright blue fins) to show off for the females

WOW, I am posting all kinds of pictures today! I took out the dwarf sag and other plant and put in some java moss. I already saw a female hiding in the moss.
The pennywort bud started opening! :) Yay! It is growing a lot faster than I thought.
View attachment 82361
Here is the moss
View attachment 82362
He says "wanna bite?" haha
View attachment 82363
This camera focuses better than my phone but can not focus zommed in at all. I need one of those expensive ones. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom