5 gallon tank any fish recomedations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No gouramis out!!!! Platy's out!!! Only thing u could do is guppy'a with some shrimp and I hope there's not another angel fish in there

No gouramis out!!!! Platy's out!!! Only thing u could do is guppy'a with some shrimp and I hope there's not another angel fish in there

Actually, a sparkling gourami (even a pair or trio) would work just fine. A 5 gallon tank has lots more possibilities than guppies with shrimp... which really wouldn't be a great combination anyway, as guppies get plenty large enough to eat young shrimp.

DEFINITELY no angelfish.

Ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, a Betta, Boraras, certain species of killifish... there are plenty of options, they just may be tougher to find than the bread and butter fish at the chain stores.

Just FYI... shrimp tanks are more interesting than they sound. ;)

A cherry shrimp tank is really easy to maintain, and they are quite prolific. If you've never kept shrimp before, you might want to check out some pics or videos of shrimp tanks.

Endlers get plenty large enough to pick off young shrimp.... If that's not a problem then cool, but I'm basically in "breed all the things" mode all the time so I have to bring it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Endlers get plenty large enough to pick off young shrimp.... If that's not a problem then cool, but I'm basically in "breed all the things" mode all the time so I have to bring it up.

You're correct. I should of mentioned the use of Java Moss to protect the shrimplets

You're correct. I should of mentioned the use of Java Moss to protect the shrimplets

That helps, but it's totally not the same survival rate as in a shrimp only tank. I keep shrimp alone, and I probably have 200 crystal red shrimp in a 10 gallon, for example. But if you aren't really concerned with breeding all you can breed, it's no matter.

*edit* I need to amend that with raising all you can raise, as I do cull out of my shrimp tanks.

It's a good starting off point. Stocking calculators should be taken with a grain of salt imo. There are just too many variables that go into successful stocking to be wrapped up all neatly in a calculator.

Back
Top Bottom