5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That size is perfect for a beta. Some will disagree with me but I think it's also fine for a couple endlers livebearers or other nano fish. You can also do a nerite snail or an apple snail although be warned that they are pooping machines- I have a very small nerite in a 4g and it is very difficult to keep my white sand looking clean, although he is very cute:)
If you do NOT choose to get a beta, you could possibly get an African dwarf frog (ADF) or two. The reason I say only if you don't get a beta is because betas are pigs and will eat any food before the frogs can find it (first hand experience on this one).
All of these suggestions I have made require a heated and filtered tank by the way :)
Nano tanks are also great for doing miniature aquascapes with shrimp!

After reading your other thread about your 10 gallon though, I think you should be more focused on rehoming most of your fish before you think about buying more.
Either rehome, or get a 55+ gallon tank.

I had other fish in it before. 4 female betas who lived for years could I do this again.

I already gave you my advice. Nano fish, shrimp, endlers or snails. I would not recommend a beta sorority in a tank that small. But if you don't want to take my advice go ahead and do what you want, it's your tank.

Some might say not to, but Personally, I would keep about 3 guppies, or some other sort of livebarrier.

A 5 gallon tank is way to small for a group of betas, Maybe 1 though? Personally I would just put a school of neon tetras in it, great fish! Remember, 5 gallon is a very small tank.

I'd go for either a shrimp tank or a pair of badis badis.

Actually, I have a 5 gallon (well, a touch bigger, 5.5) and it is a RCS tank.

Back
Top Bottom