5 gallon ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 5 gallon tank it's got a mini back filter we have kept it cycled for an er tank. Yesterday my hubby decided he was going to put an African chichlid in it that was carrying eggs. ( we done this before then transferred babies after a month into 20 gallon grow out tank) Anyway he adds some of the African gravel mix that keeps ph up ( it's got crushed coral in it) The female died before he could get her moved in tank. ... So my ? Is. What can I put in the tank as a permanent fish since he's added crushed coral. ,.,, he put a couple handful in with other gravel
Is there maybe some kind of dwArf cichlid or maybe mollies or something that we could put in there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Or could it be a brackish tank

A 5g tank really isnt suited to any mollies or dwarf cichlids.

What does the ph in the 5g tank run?

Not sure. I know in our 75 gallon that he took some of crushed coral out of it stays about 7.8. Do you have any suggestions on what could be put in it? I had thought maybe some of the balloon mollies or something. I'm open to any ideas

The problem with mollies is that they grow big.

Personally, for a 5g tank i would do a betta and some ghost shrimp.

I'd do scarlet badis and a cool species of shrimp. Or just shrimp, that would look cool.

Shrimp, or nano fish, like celestial pearl danio.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Scarlet badis, chili rasbora, celestial pearl danios, and ember tetras are all options.

Or a shrimp only tank would be nice. A mix of cherries and blueberries would be cool.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll show them to hubby and see what he thinks

Oh! Lampeye killifish would be another option. They're really cool I have 6.

Back
Top Bottom