50 gallon pentagon corner workable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandiegofishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 50 gallon pentagon corner tank, 24x24 backsides and 33 across widest point 23 or 24 tall I believe. Would this work for a cichlid setup and what would you reccomend. I have a 55 setup with 38 juvies 3 species, but this is an odd footprint. Input anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409359203506.jpg
    1409359203506.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 117
Wait back up... You have a 55g with 38 fish? What kind?
BTW the corner aquarium looks really good, I can see a big pile of rocks in the back corner with some smaller cichlids?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Lol the 55 has a 48x15 footprint, 37 juvies, all 1.5 and smaller, and 1 pleco. Will weed out extra males over the next year as they grow up. Here's a pic of that tank.

Attachments

• 1409361181714.jpg
    1409361181714.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 107
Lol the 55 has a 48x15 footprint, 37 juvies, all 1.5 and smaller, and 1 pleco. Will weed out extra males over the next year as they grow up. Here's a pic of that tank.

Hey, thanks for replying. I also have a 55g but mine is the regular 48 by 12 and I have 15 mixed Africans in it. They're growing fast though.

I like your tank and also like the 48 by 15 foot print, never heard of that. Is is custom made?

Got it from craigslist, stand and canopy are not custom so not a custom tank. A glass top for visio 60 fit this. It could have been sold as a 48x15.5x17.5 60g I'm not sure.

Any other input to cichlid stocking ideas for this tank?

not a very good tank for cichlids , they need bottom space and this tank is a high
it would be much better for small schooling fish like tetras or livebearers

Angels would look good in that tank, especially a well planted tank. Could also add a pair of keyhole cichlids, or rams, or apistos, of another dwarf South American species. Then you could have a good sized school of tetras, and a group of cories

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I guess I was hoping it might be suitable for a single species mbuna which it probably is. I'm gonna look into maybe a steep aquascape

Back
Top Bottom