50 or 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquTankName=&AquListBoxTank=Choose&AquTankLength=36&AquTankDepth=18&AquTankHeight=18&AquListBoxFilter=Aqua-Tech+20-40&AquTextFilterRate=40+&AquListBoxFilter2=Aqua-Tech+30-60&AquTextFilterRate2=60+&AquFilterString=pictus&AquListBoxChooser=Pictus+Catfish+(Pimelodus+pictus)&AquTextBoxSize=&AquTextBoxQuantity=1&FormSubmit=Add+>&AquTextBoxRemoveQuantity=&AlreadySelected=200909300041%3A5%3A%3A%2C200909300061%3A1%3A%3A%2C200909300248%3A5%3A%3A%2C200909300045%3A3%3A1.5%3A%2C200909300009%3A3%3A%3A%2C200912011170%3A4%3A1%3A%2C200909300079%3A10%3A%3A&FilterMode=Display+all+species&AqTempUnit=C&AqVolUnit=gUS&AqLengthUnit=inch&AqSortType=cname&FilterQuantity=2&AqJuvMode=1&AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple

will this woork with some common old gravle from walmart maybe 1 real plant and rest fake :thanks::fish1:

You first post is unreadable (I tried pulling out the web request and posting it in a browser but no luck).
The second post takes you to a nearly blank green page.
Perhaps you should describe the AquaAdvisor input parameters and recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

50 gallopns
1 pictus cat fish
4 cory
5 cherry barb
5 zebra danio
1 dwarf goramie
3 angle fish
2or 3 small clown loches
we will move if they grow but most pepole say they stay small :thanks:

Uhhh clown loaches will very easily outgrow that tank. I suggest opting for some yoyo loaches or kubotais instead. they do NOT stay small, anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't care much for the fish and/or is just trying to get you to buy them....
Another good loach option would be some sidthimunkis. You could add a bunch and they stay quite small.
Also, any loach you get will probably eat your shrimp, just an fyi.

um any loches or fish that whould fit in with no problame that look like the cllown or what sized tank would i need

75 gallon if needed i will try for it but its a bit out of bugget

For a 55g all that stuff would work besides the clowns, I have scene people asking to shove way more stuff in than that. Clown loaches live 20+ years and get 7-12" long. I would say pic another loach like a yoyo or skunk or bandded loach or something. Another issue is the numbers they like to be in groups of 5-6 or more.

Look on craigs list I got my 150 for $250, I see 75's going for free sometimes and 72 bowfronts for $250-$350. Saw a 125g here drop down to $135.

I have 4 Clowns in my 150g that had been at the lfs for months so I bought all 4. They are a weird bunch, they don't chase each other and play dead like typical clowns, they all hide smashing into the smallest spots that all 4 can fit, when they are not doing that they are darting around my tank at 1000mph then stopping and darting again like aqua-squirrels lol.

what is the personality of the yoyo or banded and on the skunk mom likes the clown cuz there persinality and is the pictus cat alright in it or not iv hered ither way

and where is best site to get them they are not sold in local sotre

I've found yoyo loaches to be pretty similar in temperment to clowns. Personally though I think botia kubotai or angelicus loaches are your best bet, theyre a little smaller than yoyos and also have similar personalities to clowns. Kuhli loaches go well with nearly anything but they don't have the same personality, they tend to hide. Also, I would say 150 gallons is the minimum for a group of clown loaches.

If you're going to get any kind of loach, in a group, your tank will be at its stocking limit, so I would say no pictus cats at that point.

i will work with this on aqadvisor and chek in to them thanks

yeah your stocking looks good except the clown loaches.. as previously stated those will get way to big for a 50 gallon yes they look small when you buy them but if you have to get clown loaches i would suggest 75 at a minimum probably closer to 125..
A good alternative to clown's are Angelicus botia loaches! I have 2 and they are awesome to watch play.. a little less aggressive than yoyo loaches IMO.. they will even come up and eat out of my hand.. probably one of my favorite fish.. just to give you some idea's my current stocking in my 50g is

2x angelicus botia loaches
7x neon tetra's
4x angelfish
2x bolivian rams
1x blue ram
1x powder blue dwarf gourami
1x bristle nose placo
2x Gold doubloon lyre tail mollies
I love my current setup.. running a Marineland C360 canister filter that i found on ebay for 60 bucks! My tank is probably a little over stocked however i perform frequent water changes once to twice a week 30-45% and all my levels are great! good luck with your new tank purchase you can't go wrong with a 50g i would say a perfect medium size aquarium! good luck

Back
Top Bottom