50G bowfront!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Whoops, sorry to tell you what you already know!
Kuhlis do best in groups, so the more, the better. In tank that size, I would get at least 5. 6 would be even better. You will see them more if they have friends. They do fine on the whole range of standard tropical temps. I keep my tank at about 78.
They like to burrow, but tyhey fine on gravel too as long as you provide the, with some caves or plants to hide in. Secure all other decor into the gravel so they won't hurt themselves trying to wiggle under it.

No apologies needed :) Helpful information is helpful!
And I'll see what I can do about getting as many as I can count on one hand.
And I'll make sure I've got some gravel relief for them! As a matter of fact the tank I'm getting comes with some great ornaments. I'll definitely be adding some more, but there's definitely going to be some hiding spaces for the kuhli's!
I thought it was cool how my peacock would burrow. It's like he didnt even have an impact on the "inch per gallon" rule haha.
So my bottom dwelling fish is settled!
Oh, and I'm definitely getting probably a trio of otto's for algae duty.

No apologies needed :) Helpful information is helpful!
And I'll see what I can do about getting as many as I can count on one hand.
And I'll make sure I've got some gravel relief for them! As a matter of fact the tank I'm getting comes with some great ornaments. I'll definitely be adding some more, but there's definitely going to be some hiding spaces for the kuhli's!
I thought it was cool how my peacock would burrow. It's like he didnt even have an impact on the "inch per gallon" rule haha.
So my bottom dwelling fish is settled!
Oh, and I'm definitely getting probably a trio of otto's for algae duty.
Sounds good. The nice thing about otos, corys, and kuhlis is that they are so peaceful and never have a problem with anybody!

Just a carefree bunch they are!
I'm still indecisive on the middle and top layer however :/

Back
Top Bottom