50g Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, this looks an awful lot like my mystery plant doesn't it?
Common Name: Ozelot Sword
Scientific Name: Echinodorus Ozelot
Category: Rosette Plants
Temperature: 59 - 86F(15 - 30C)
pH: 5 - 7.5
Lighting: Low
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Easy
Origin:
Position in Aquascape: Background, Mid-Ground
Attached Thumbnails

GuppyLover said:
1x Angelfish*
1x Male HM Betta*
4x Peppered Corys (*1)
6x Panda Corys
8x Rummys
* Next to the ones I already have. Still seems rather empty :( If anything doesn't make sense, sorry! I still haven't had my morning chai latte! ;)

Ok, make sure George and the angel gets along. Keep his tank open just in case. This is me, but I'd add a few more pandas and a few more peppered cories to the bottom. Add some more rummies to make it 10 and maybe another school of 10 as well. Maybe a pleco (like bristlenose or rubberlip) and call it stocked. I like my tanks nice and full, so you can cut a few fish here or there and make it user friendly.

AquaKai said:
Ok, make sure George and the angel gets along. Keep his tank open just in case. This is me, but I'd add a few more pandas and a few more peppered cories to the bottom. Add some more rummies to make it 10 and maybe another school of 10 as well. Maybe a pleco (like bristlenose or rubberlip) and call it stocked. I like my tanks nice and full, so you can cut a few fish here or there and make it user friendly.

Lol, I just PMed you so disregard that.

I want a L134 or a Golden Nugget, just need to find some around here. I think I'll be kicking the Peppereds out. George should be cool, just have to see how the angel takes it. I agree on another school, any ideas? I really would liked some sort of dwarf cichlid pair like kribs, apistos, or GBRs.

GuppyLover said:
Lol, I just PMed you so disregard that.

I want a L134 or a Golden Nugget, just need to find some around here. I think I'll be kicking the Peppereds out. George should be cool, just have to see how the angel takes it. I agree on another school, any ideas? I really would liked some sort of dwarf cichlid pair like kribs, apistos, or GBRs.

Haha, yeah... But I wrote before I read! Currently I'm all for cardinals. The ones I have are gorgeous and not to mention active.

AquaKai said:
Haha, yeah... But I wrote before I read! Currently I'm all for cardinals. The ones I have are gorgeous and not to mention active.

But I'm worried my angel would eat them :( Maybe if I get a nice big school? Do you think I'd have the space for a pair of Dwarf Cichlids?

GuppyLover said:
But I'm worried my angel would eat them :( Maybe if I get a nice big school? Do you think I'd have the space for a pair of Dwarf Cichlids?

They get too big for angels, plus mine are 10x faster than the angels I have. If you get rid of the rummies I say you could probably do 15-20. The dwarf cichlids would be tricky. I'd just do one of them so there won't be breeding aggressiveness.

AquaKai said:
They get too big for angels, plus mine are 10x faster than the angels I have. If you get rid of the rummies I say you could probably do 15-20. The dwarf cichlids would be tricky. I'd just do one of them so there won't be breeding aggressiveness.

Okay, so I'll do Rummies and Cardinals. 10-12 each? My Mom wants the rummies and angels, so I have to have a few to keep her happy. Hmmm, now to pick which one!

GuppyLover said:
Okay, so I'll do Rummies and Cardinals. 10-12 each? My Mom wants the rummies and angels, so I have to have a few to keep her happy. Hmmm, now to pick which one!

Yeah 10-12 each would work. I totally understand the appeasing of mother thing:)

AquaKai said:
Yeah 10-12 each would work. I totally understand the appeasing of mother thing:)

Lol, yeah. I wanted to do mostly red plants in my tank and she said "But they won't match my living room, plus I like green ones better." so now it's going to be a normal planted tank. Are you still going to try the DIY CO2? Some people say it isn't worth so I'm iffy about trying it.

I was thinking about trying it out on a non fish tank, but I'm totally not doing it on the 55g. But the 12 and 8 gallons will probably get it eventually.

Update!
Its only been 2 (3 days tops) since I last tested my water, tested it this morning before school, and its at .25 ppm. So what do I do now lol?

Only got to test Nitrates and Ammo before I left. Nitrates were at 80ppm. I'll have my Mom test the others and text them to me over lunch. I also added some media from the 10g a few days ago.

As long as your ph is still stable, go ahead & redose your amm when you get home. Alot of nitrates is a good thing!! It means lots of conversion is happening. :)

jlk said:
As long as your ph is still stable, go ahead & redose your amm when you get home. Alot of nitrates is a good thing!! It means lots of conversion is happening. :)

Yay!! So will I just be doing the same thing, watching and waiting? 7mls again?

Yep, watch everything (esp ph) & redose your amm when you see it drop below 2ppm. You may have to do this daily now so keep tabs on everything. :)

Alright, levels are 8.2ph, 5.0ppm Nitrite, 80ppm Nitrate, and Amm is between .25 and 0. Its not quite green like. 25 but it isn't dark yellow like 0, its more of a light yellow.

Am I close to the end??

Not quite there yet- you still have to wait out the nitrite phase which can last 2x as long as the amm phase. Once your amm & nitrites are steadily zeroing in 24hrs, you will be cycled. :)

Ahh, okay. So how long do I keep redosing amm?? Sorry for all the questions!!

Back
Top Bottom