55 cycling fishless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunchbox209

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so today I just started cycling my 55 I dosed the ammo to 4 and have some seeded filter from my 29 my only question is that is it normal for my tank to be cloudy and yes I did rinse all my sand and rocks pictures tomorrow

Good deal, nice pics. I see you have Aquaclear filters are they 70s or 50s?

Lunchbox209 said:
70s there really quiet to my surprise first time trying them very pleased

Nice. I like them as well. I am gonna replace my AC50 with a 70 when I get a smaller tank that I plan on using for a grow out tank. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Day 5
Ph 7.6
Ammo 2.0
Nitrite 2.0-5.0 colors really close
Nitrate 40-80 colors really close

So I need to dose back up ammo and maybe a water change does this sound right? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Day 6
Ph 7.2
Ammo .25
Nitrite 5.0
Nitrate 20 ppm

Dosing ammo back up to 4 I haven't done a single water change should I do one tomorrow or am I still good

Lunchbox209 said:
Day 6
Ph 7.2
Ammo .25
Nitrite 5.0
Nitrate 20 ppm

Dosing ammo back up to 4 I haven't done a single water change should I do one tomorrow or am I still good

Rock on. You're doing good. Let it ride is my opinion.

Lunchbox209 said:
Thank very much
If I od on the ammonia should I leave it like that or do pwc to get down to 4ppm ?

That wouldn't be good. If you OD on it by a lot then PWC it down. Its best to not go higher than 4 ppm. That is making you a higher bioload than you should need anyway.

I tested my ammo to see how much of a pwc i would have to do because i over did it on the ammo last night and the reading was very close to 8ppm and right now I got a .25 ammo reading I tested three times

Lunchbox209 said:
I tested my ammo to see how much of a pwc i would have to do because i over did it on the ammo last night and the reading was very close to 8ppm and right now I got a .25 ammo reading I tested three times

You are gonna have one heck of a :BB: I saw your post on the other thread, keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom