55 gal african tank .. CAVE IDEAS?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
anyone have ideas for caves?? i like mine but want something different.. ive been searching for good templates to base off of & other than using large black smooth massage type stones, i've got nothin lol

all ideas are appreciated!!

ronnieroach said:
new cave set up lol im a freak

& i dnt know why my water gets so cloudy after a w/c but it drives me nuts

It looks great! The water cloudiness is because of the sediment in the water column, nothing bad, just wait a few minutes and it will be fine.

Lol I've never heard of it but it sounds like it would work well. I would just google it, you might find some reviews about it and some prices.

Those are really nice looking caves. I just drove down the highway to a small quarry and picked up some thin flat pieces of granite. That's all there is for rock in my area but I think it will do, i've a newly acquired German blue ram that needs a place to hang out. He needs to chill out, he just ripped a piece of fin off a columbia tetra during feeding time. Thanks for the inspiration.

have a look at making your own caves etc from slate and aquarium silicone. its availible in black so looks natural. i love the thought of designing my own structures and not having something toher people may have, so this might be the kinda thing u wanna do :)

thanks lohoyan & mouth-brooder you just seem to solve all my probs haha im gonna hit the garden store & the local quary shop tomorrow & see if i can find some cheap slate or similar rock to make my new vision lol

Just make sure the rock is inert and doesnt have any metals in it ( if it bubbles with vinegar or has red streaks in it, there's many other ways of telling I just don't know them) because it could hurt your fish.

Another cool cave thing I've seen is using PVC pipe, spreading silicone all over it and spreading your dry substrate on it. Put it in your tank and put sand over it. You can stack, and place in different angles.. Great thing to do for a quarantine tank, helps the fish with stress.

Another cool cave thing I've seen is using PVC pipe, spreading silicone all over it and spreading your dry substrate on it. Put it in your tank and put sand over it. You can stack, and place in different angles.. Great thing to do for a quarantine tank, helps the fish with stress.

Thats a pretty good idea, might try that one (y)

Back
Top Bottom