55 Gallon Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fresh off the fishless cycle, finally got fish in here a month later! Had a massive die-off of Rummynose Tetras over the weekend for an unknown reason (only 2 remain); purchased 10 Red Eyed Tetras today. Absolutely loving them. Nothing better than popping on the moonlights with some jazz on the speakers.

10325248_671137246308347_7333450391007676903_n.jpg

10345839_671137936308278_2194212541100420633_n.jpg

So you lose a bunch of fish on the weekend and rather then figuring out what happened or waiting to see how the survivors hold up, you thought it was smart to add 10 more fish?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So you lose a bunch of fish on the weekend and rather then figuring out what happened or waiting to see how the survivors hold up, you thought it was smart to add 10 more fish?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes. The survivors are just fine; there is nothing else to figure out. My water parameters are absolutely fine. I attribute it to not acclimating them long enough, as they are Rummies. They didn't like something about my water. So I bought a hardier Tetra from a different shop and acclimated them for two hours. They are absolutely fine.

Relax there, pal. Please don't be condescending.

Added more of the fake grass. Not sure if I like this or a complete hardscape better, it's very tough to decide.

10542720_674077906014281_2478712737154411399_o.jpg

I'd add more stuff behind the DW piece as the change from the tall plants to rocks is very abrupt. Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nicely done! That background is really interesting. I recognize those plants (I had most of those in a previous tank). DW, rock placement, and overall layout is visually appealing.

Is that wall paper in the back?

Nope, it is fake rock and looks very realistic in person. I've since removed all fake plants. Not only is aquascaping difficult with then, after having live plants, they just look crappy. The hardscape only is real nice.

Nice, looks real good. I'm aiming to do something like that. I have all natural plants but looking to make background more realistic

This is what it looks like now. Added gravel on top of the sand...absolutely love it, I feel like it looks more natural.

Attachments

• 6tag_261014-205150.jpg
    6tag_261014-205150.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 234
'Relax there, pal. Please don't be condescending'
Well played :).
Tank looks good.

I think your tank looks very sharp! Miles would gladly drop it like it's hot in there any night;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is what it looks like now. Added gravel on top of the sand...absolutely love it, I feel like it looks more natural.

I did not think it could get nicer...I was wrong. Has a deep stream bed type of look. The stones and DW are really emphasized. :thumbs:

This is very nice! Did you make the background yourself?

Wow looks great. How do your live plants hold up with sand? I killed most of mine with the sand.

Wow looks great. How do your live plants hold up with sand? I killed most of mine with the sand.

I don't have any live plants in here. I used to have a 10 gallon with a sand substrate and my plants did horribly.

Changed it up a little. I added a silk Amazon Sword for some color accent, as well as put electrical tape along my LED strip to create a more realistic lighting environment (not fully displayed here). Sorry for the blurry photo, it's hard to keep steady with a cell phone.

Attachments

• fotor_WP_20141211_17_11_29_Pro.jpg
    fotor_WP_20141211_17_11_29_Pro.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom