55 gallon cycling and stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Str8edgejedi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Awesome community, I've checked threads here before, but never signed up, lots of a great info.. I decided to sign up because I have 2 questions to ask, one about cycling and the other about stocking..

So I got the a 55 gallon tank up and running, protein skimmer on and live rock in, I got about 40lbs of live rock, 20 cured, the other 20 not.. Any ideas on how long the cycling would take?? Just a ballpark figure would be nice.. I do have my test kits ready, planning on testing in a few days..

As for stocking, I've narrowed it down to a few things I want:

2 percula or ocellaris clowns
1 snowflake eel
1 queen angel.. Just kidding.
1 pygmy angel (either a coral beauty or flame)

Now along with those, would I also like to be able to add..
2 firefishes
1 wrasse (preferably a Christmas, mystery, six-line, or flame)

Would it be possible to add these with the fish listed above??

Thanks

Your looking at a month or so. That list looks fine to me. Never had an eel but heard they like to try to escape. Canopy might be needed. What kind of clean up crew are you gonna have? Watch shrimp and crabs with the eel. That might not end well for the shrimp or crab.

Yeah, I had a snowflake before with a few hermits, I kept the eel pretty well fed, so it didn't really bother the hermits much, but wouldn't be surprised if they ended up eaten eventually..

Back
Top Bottom