55 gallon LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vince.4395

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im starting up a new 55g tank shortly and I have an idea of what fish to get but now im concerned with the lighting. I plan on planting the aquarium pretty heavily but the aquarium im getting only comes with LED lights. The setup contains the 55g tank with two separate hoods with LED lightings. From experience I know that multiple fluorescent bulbs are needed for adequate lighting for plants but I've never used LED lights. Will these stock lights work for growing low light plants? I dont really want to buy new fluorescent bulbs and hoods for it because that is going to be very expensive. any comments are appreciated. Thank you!

Im starting up a new 55g tank shortly and I have an idea of what fish to get but now im concerned with the lighting. I plan on planting the aquarium pretty heavily but the aquarium im getting only comes with LED lights. The setup contains the 55g tank with two separate hoods with LED lightings. From experience I know that multiple fluorescent bulbs are needed for adequate lighting for plants but I've never used LED lights. Will these stock lights work for growing low light plants? I dont really want to buy new fluorescent bulbs and hoods for it because that is going to be very expensive. any comments are appreciated. Thank you!

Leds will grow plants the question is how many do you get with your set up

Stock LED lighting is normally low light and has little or usually no red spectrum. There are LED fixtures made specifically for planted tanks. Build My LED's are at the top of the line for planted tanks. If you set on using the stock lighting then you need to stick with very low light tolerant plants such as crypts for the substrate and anubia's, java ferns, and bolbitus for attaching to driftwood or rocks.

Back
Top Bottom