55 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole31818

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my recent upgrade from a 20 gal.

55 gallon
2 - Koi Angelfish (1 just passed away)
10 - Pristella Tetras
4 - H511 Tetra
1 - bristlenose pleco
2 - siamese algea eaters

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 183
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 188
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 165
filter - aquatop CF-400 UV. So far I really like it. It is my first cansiter, so I can't compare to any others, but it has really worked well for the last 3 months.

not sure what else I will get.

I just lost another Angel, that is two is last week. Not sure what is going on. My third and final one looks healthy and is eating well. Guess I will need to test the water a few times this week to see if anyting is changing.

good idea. maybe the fish were sick when you got them? either way, your smart to wait a while before moving forward with it. i'd be interested to here how it goes :)

I had the angels for a month, so they may have been sick. I'm not sure if it takes that long for them to die if they were sick though.

i had a molly that took a month and a half to die from a parasite.
she had pop-eye, and i tryed to save her from the pet store.
she looked fine after about two weeks, then 5 weeks in, her eyes swelled rapidly.
she died a week later :(
maybe your fish had a parasite that remained dormant? just one of many possibilities...

What is a H511 tetra? And can you possibly post a pic please? Super curious and google didn't turn up much :/

opps - It should be a HY-511 Tetra. Got them from the LFS, they said it was a new breed that didn't get a common name yet. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Good to see another person sticking to natural dacore. Good quality filter the built in UV is a plus.

Back
Top Bottom