55 gallon scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacharoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399520065.064292.jpg
Have roughly 150-160 pounds of rock in there. Was just wanting feed back on how it looks. Thanks guys.

Don't mind the plant, I have figured out where I want to root it at yet.
Also picked up this beautiful hongi today at the LFS
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399520206.873693.jpg

Looks good, What kind of stocking are you thinking?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good scape depending on what fish your going to stock. Great scape for the Hongi, I have one of those, great little guys. Seems like it takes up a lot of room though.

Yup it is, I'm keeping mbuna, so all the rock work Is good to give them places to escape from aggression.

I have 3 yellow labs,
3 ob zebras
1 hongi
1 johanni getting 2 more when they are shipped in
1 kenyi
3 albinos
And a jewel. The odd ball in the group
But that's about what I'm going to keep.
Worked a deal with the LFS to take any of them that become to aggressive, to the point it starts killing.

You got some beautiful fish there, with a beautiful scape, and sorry for using common names, I'm at work so have to type fast lol.

It's not that I don't know them, just I don't know them by heart.

You have a good mix, aside from the jewel, 15 is a good stock, I have 17 in my 55, but I plan on rehoming the worst three after they mature. Keep an eye on your nitrates. A heavily stocked tank can turn bad fast.

Yeah I know, weekly water changes is something I enjoy to do oddly.
Like I said the jewel was the odd ball but my wife wanted him, and well the LFS gave it to her for free when I was picking up a couple fish from them a month and a half ago.

Back
Top Bottom