55 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yet Another Fifty-five Gallon Stocking Thread

Tank: 55 gallon
Filtration: Undecided. Contemplating either two Fluval C3/C2 or two AquaClear 50
Water: pH ~7.0, KH ~3
Light: Low T8
Plants: Medium planted low light
Substrate: Sand
Heater: Of course

Currently thinking of:
Two Bolivian Rams, one Angelfish, five Praecox Rainbows.

Am also considering a school of five cories but would welcome suggestions for alternative bottom dwellers.

Would also like to have one more school of smaller top dwelling fish for some contrast. Any suggestions?

Should/can I do two Angels instead of one without undo aggression in the tank?

Also, considering the fish i would like to keep, any suggestions on the filtration would be welcomed.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I don't want to max out the stock in this tank so your help is much appreciated.

Edit2: Awwww... You changed my subject title. ;)

Ok. Torn between a school of Otos or a couple of L135s.

Now just have to decide on a more top dwelling school of smallish fish. I like Bloodfin Tetras but they are more mid to bottoms IME.

noobaquarists said:
im partial to the Striped Raphael Catfish as a bottom dweller

Very cool fish. I searched for info and found that it is a social animal. Do you recommend more than one? Also not sure about the eating of the small fish issue. :)

Very cool fish. I searched for info and found that it is a social animal. Do you recommend more than one? Also not sure about the eating of the small fish issue. :)
i have two of them in my 30g and i want to get another one they are very social and curious and ive never had a problem with them eating my smaller fishes so int not really a problem imo

How does this sound?
1 Angelfish
2 Bolivian Rams
5 Praecox Rainbows
5 Otos
7 Danios
1 Raphael Catfish

Aq-Advisor says that is 102% stocked. What do you guys think? Is that heavily stocked?

How does this sound?
1 Angelfish
2 Bolivian Rams
5 Praecox Rainbows
5 Otos
7 Danios
1 Raphael Catfish

Aq-Advisor says that is 102% stocked. What do you guys think? Is that heavily stocked?

i'd personally wouldnt have just one Striped Raphael Catfish they like company

Back
Top Bottom