55 Gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaprince

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I recently inherited an empty 55 gallon tank. I didn't want it to go to waste so I filled it with water and plants I had grown from other tanks. My previous tanks were becoming a little over crowded so I moved 3 of my smaller golden Dojo Loaches into the 55 gallon along with my Blue mystery snail, and my Albino Cory cat. I have the tank planted With multiple broad leafed and grasses as well as smaller leafed plants for coverage. The substrate is mixed small gravel and sand.
The tank has been cycling for 2 months and everything in there is thriving. I have a great filtration system and a CO2 injector for the plants. PH is steady at 6.8 and nitrates are at 0. the temperature range is from 72-78
I need advice as to what fish would be best for stocking the tank. I want lots of color considering my fish I have now are all white/gold. I know the loaches prefer cooler water and the cory likes warmer water but both species have grown quite larger since they have been in the tank. They are all doing well and I monitor them frequently. But if someone could name some colorful fish that live well in these conditions with emphasis on color, would be great. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/Thanx.gif:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom