55 gallon sump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you use it for the glass, you better get a good glass cutter!!! i was cutting down a 55 to use for my 75g. ended up breaking every panel. i bought a 3$ cutter from harbour freight.

As far as the return pump goes how big of a pump do I need? I have a pondmaster 9.5 that was given to me. I don't think that would be strong enough but im not sure. It's rated for 950 gph and my overflow is 1200gph and estimated 4-5 ft head height on the return.

Same set up I'm running. From recent understanding, don't worry about massive flow through your sump. Just enough to feed your skimmer and fuge. Flow in the dt is by power heads like the korailia evo's. It took me the weekend to figure out how to get my 1200 gph to be almost completely silent with my danner mag drive 9.5 pump.

That said I may tinker with it more by adding 1 gate valve and trying to do more of that ultra silent overflow set up that I mentioned earlier.

If you have questions with anything I would be more than happy to help if you keep this combo.

Ok I gotcha Im going to use that pump then . Do you know the brand of silicone from lowes or home depot that I can use I ran out again and I don't want to waste money at the Lfs for some .

Cool thanks. Would it be better to make a bubble trap after the first sump section or the last section that holds the return pump?

my bubble trap is after the first sump section. sometimes i wonder if it should have been right before the return. but seeing as how i don't seem to have any issues i guess im ok.

Ok I drew up the plans for the trap being after first chamber but then I though maybe it should be before the return in incase bubbles form after it goes through the fuge chamber. I have seen both setups though.

I'm still finding both ways are ok. Hopefully mr x can chime in. I would like to see what he thinks is better.

So it really makes no difference in the filtration? For example would it be better to put it after the fuge because it would slow the flow through the lr and cheato if you put it before it? I'm going to go wilhvwhat you say because I know you know what your doing but I have been wondering about it all day. Thanks x

na..it has nothing to do with filtration and everything to do with stopping micro bubbles from entering the display tank.

Found these on google.....

Attachments

• image-482156474.png
    image-482156474.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1507703105.jpg
    image-1507703105.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom