55g Cycling Is Coming Along!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KonvictKeeper said:
Jack Dempsey, 5-6 giant danios, 2-3 BN plecos, and a zig zag yellow tail eel. I think it's a pretty cool stock list and if it works that would be awesome!

Sounds awesome! :)

Only thing I would worry is if filter could handle the bioload of three BNPs. But I know you know what you're doing! :)

Thanks! I have an Emperor 280 and a 400 so we'll see what happens! I think I'd be fine with 2 though. I think I might put in a pleco or two a little earlier so I don't have to keep dosing with ammonia. Unless that would be a bad idea.

Thanks! I have an Emperor 280 and a 400 so we'll see what happens! I think I'd be fine with 2 though. I think I might put in a pleco or two a little earlier so I don't have to keep dosing with ammonia. Unless that would be a bad idea.

I think it would be a bad idea. Why rush it? If you put a fish in with nitrite you'd have to do water changes daily to keep the fish safe. A little extra patience will mean you can enjoy your fish after the cycle is done rather than doing water changes every day lol.

Back
Top Bottom