55g Firemouth tank mates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefferzbooboo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 55g with a 3" Firemouth Cichlid. I need some help or suggestions on tank mates.
I'm looking at adding a 6-8 Rosy Barbs, a Pictus catfish, and a Bumble Bee Catfish.
I'm also considering instead of the fish above, adding a group of 3 Long Ear or Pumpkin seed sunfish.
Will either of those work or does anyone have any other ideas?

Filtration is an Odyssea CFS500 and 2 Hydro 5's.

Well I wouldn't add any sunfish what I would do is 6-8 rosy barbs either 4 picture cats or a bumblebee catfish and some type of pleco like green phantom or bristlenose. I would do the 4 pictus instead of the single since they like to group not be alone.

Or even do more fire mouths and get yourself a breeding pair established with a single pleco or group of barbs like tigers.

Well I wouldn't add any sunfish what I would do is 6-8 rosy barbs either 4 picture cats or a bumblebee catfish and some type of pleco like green phantom or bristlenose. I would do the 4 pictus instead of the single since they like to group not be alone.

Or even do more fire mouths and get yourself a breeding pair established with a single pleco or group of barbs like tigers.

I'm not a big fan of plecos. Could I do the bumblebee instead of the pleco?

Maybe but the problem is I think you would have to many cats in there then you could do a fire mouth pair 7 tiger barbs and a bumblebee catfish would be a good stocking. But the I wouldn't do pictus cats and bumblebee catfish.

The first group you mentioned would be great. you could even get another group of barbs like tiger or ruby or cherry.

The pumpkin seeds are too agressive and require cooler water.

You could probably pull that off.

Like 6 rosy barbs
6 tiger barbs
1- fire mouth
And either 4 pictus cats or the bumblebee catfish and a pleco.

Back
Top Bottom