55G fishless day 26 NO3 drop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to hear. I think it was just too much ammonia throwing everything off. You seem to be in pretty good shape now.

If you dose 2ppm today and tomorrow its back to 0 with no signs of nitrites, a big WC and you should be done.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and... a happy ending to the fishless cycle!
Day 31.
Thank you all at Aquarium Advice! For other beginners reading this... follow the advice posted here and have PATIENCE!

Day 35- Stocked my tank yesterday: 1 Blue Gourami, 5 Pearl Danios, 4 Julii Cats, 1 Rainbow Shark. These are all juveniles. Will they sustain my bb and, will the nitrates start to rise with time? No3 <10 now. Anything else I should watch for?

The BB will be fine. NitrAtes will always go up, 50% water change each week is standard practice.
If you heavily plant your tank the nitrates won't get as high as quickly and you could water change less % or less often. I even have to dose nitrate... but I still 50% WC each week because my fishes love it :)

:thanks: Threnjen, you have been a major help during my cycle! Will go today and get more plants! :dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom