55g Needs Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pankelephant

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have this lonely, empty 55g tank finally on a stand and in position, but I don't know what to put in it! I've been thinking about this for weeks (seriously) and I'm finally stuck. Please won't you help me?

Overall, I want t a tank with lots of movement and color. I don't intend to plant it very heavily for now but will use silk plants if needed for whichever fish I end up with. Plus driftwood, rocks, etc. as needed. I'm really hoping for something that's not too complex. I have no desire to breed any fish.

My first thought was All Tetra, All The Time. I still love that idea But then I saw these gorgeous angels a friend breeds ... and my LFS has some amazing rainbows and orange laser cories ... and my husband really digs peacock gudgeons or some other oddball ... and I kinda wanted a few big/centerpiece fish ... and on and on. So I could really use some help on this - tell me what you think and why.

Here's my current list of candidates. Please tell me which/how many you would choose.

Cherry barbs
Kerri tetras (Inpaichthys Kerri)
Rummynose tetras
Congo tetras
Lemon tetras
Cardinal tetras
Peacock gudgeon
Dwarf neon rainbow
Turquoise rainbow (and/or any others)
Angels
Dwarf gouramis
Cories
Silver hatchetfish
Amano shrimp
Pleco (something small)
Whiptail (or other oddball) cat

I don't want any guppies, mollies or platies - just not my thing. I think I've ruled out rams and apistos - I just don't want to deal with the aggression concern. But if you know any other fish that I should consider that aren't on this list, please don't hesitate.

Help!

All great choices I would for sure get cory cats hatchetfish a small Pleco (rubberlip is small)

Rosy barbs, tiger barbs and 1-2 striped peacock eels for the bottom. I've kept this combo in a 29, with 1 eel, and it was great! The tigers were all over and active. With the size of your tank, a large group of tigers will look stunning and the larger # of tigers will keep fighting to a minimum. the tank attitude was always on a razors edge and I loved it.

Rosy barbs, tiger barbs and 1-2 striped peacock eels for the bottom. I've kept this combo in a 29, with 1 eel, and it was great! The tigers were all over and active. With the size of your tank, a large group of tigers will look stunning and the larger # of tigers will keep fighting to a minimum. the tank attitude was always on a razors edge and I loved it.

Tigers are great get those to

A large school of congo tetras is pretty breathtaking. Such beautiful fish!

(not my tank)

Back
Top Bottom