55g stocking idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinM

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have this 55g laying around and I think I have an idea

4 black veil angels, till 2 pair off rehome the other 2

4 oil cats/2 oils and 2 banjos

Africa butterfly(1 or 2)
Or
2 eye fish(basically something top water)

A school of something, I don't care of tetras and I already have a danio tank

Maybe a small school of rams? I havnt really read about rams but know they get along with angels

It's going to be planted and 1 semi large and 1 piece of dw that looks like a tree(though making a weeping willow type of thing with hanging moss)

Filter will be a 15-20 gallon wet/dry

Plecos are hardier than hillstream loaches. Some four eyed fish would be good top dwellers.

KevinM said:
Need an edit button on app lol

Maybe a hill loach or two instead of pleco? I think they look really cool

Hill stream loaches are also cold water, and angels are tropical so that's an issue, I wanted a hill stream really bad too but I also have angels

KevinM said:
Need an edit button on app lol

Maybe a hill loach or two instead of pleco? I think they look really cool

There is an edit button on the android app

You can only do a pair of Rams not a school unless you want total anarchy in your tank... lol. One the serious side tho, GBR's can't go in a new tank, they need to be added to a mature tank. They are also very sensitive to to nitrates and water must be kept very clean. They also won't do near as well in a non-planted tank, not saying they can't be kept in one but planted is best. If your looking for color check out Honey Gourami's, they come in Sunset and Golden Honey colors also. Other top dwelling fish include hatchets, threadfin rainbow fish, spotted blue-eyes, just to name a few. You could also do a school of Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish with angels for schoolers. Yo-yo loaches if you want loaches will give alot of movement to the lower regions of the tank and do fine with angels. You have alot of options to choose from.

Rivercats said:
You can only do a pair of Rams not a school unless you want total anarchy in your tank... lol. One the serious side tho, GBR's can't go in a new tank, they need to be added to a mature tank. They are also very sensitive to to nitrates and water must be kept very clean. They also won't do near as well in a non-planted tank, not saying they can't be kept in one but planted is best. If your looking for color check out Honey Gourami's, they come in Sunset and Golden Honey colors also. Other top dwelling fish include hatchets, threadfin rainbow fish, spotted blue-eyes, just to name a few. You could also do a school of Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish with angels for schoolers. Yo-yo loaches if you want loaches will give alot of movement to the lower regions of the tank and do fine with angels. You have alot of options to choose from.

I would go for loaches, I love mine. Stick with the 4-6" ones like botia striata or Angelicus and others like it so you can have a good group.

Also, the iPhone app has an edit button too

I'm talking about German Blue Rams. Bolivian Rams are alittle hardier and can be added to a tank much sooner than GBR's. But you can still only add a pair.

Back
Top Bottom