55g tank/stand build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great! If it were me I would stay away from HOB filters since its so close to the bed, check out a canister for a little more or the same price as your 2 ac70s and its so much more quiet. I have a 406 on my 55 with a DIY spray bar and it works amazing and nearly silent

Ok thank you is there any dead spots in the tank im trying to make sure there isnt any

No, not really. There definitely wasn't before the spray bar. I made the spray bar to disperse the flow a little because my angels didn't like the current. I have mine set up with the intake on one side, the outflow on the other, and a bubble wand under the spraybar and it really makes a nice gentle flow all throughout the tank. You can definitely do ACs if you want to, they are great filters, just have to make sure your water level is up or it will sound like you're sleeping in a rainstorm every night haha. I have a 20g in our bedroom and sometimes the HOB sounds like a waterfall, soothing yes, but not every night haha

No, not really. There definitely wasn't before the spray bar. I made the spray bar to disperse the flow a little because my angels didn't like the current. I have mine set up with the intake on one side, the outflow on the other, and a bubble wand under the spraybar and it really makes a nice gentle flow all throughout the tank. You can definitely do ACs if you want to, they are great filters, just have to make sure your water level is up or it will sound like you're sleeping in a rainstorm every night haha. I have a 20g in our bedroom and sometimes the HOB sounds like a waterfall, soothing yes, but not every night haha

Ill definitely keep my mind open for that i may go with the hobs due too i don't think there is much room for a canister ill have to take a good look and i can agree with soothing one night and not the other

Been awhile due to work and the little ones but ive got my filters ordered and pucked up some organic soil next to get is sand will have some pics in a few days also need to get a heater any good recommendations on brands

Been awhile due to work and the little ones but ive got my filters ordered and pucked up some organic soil next to get is sand will have some pics in a few days also need to get a heater any good recommendations on brands

I really like my aqueon pro series heater, seems like they get good reviews

Ehiem Jager heaters I have 2 150watt heaters in my tank they have great reviews.

I've been really busy still need to update my tank thread hopefully I can find some time this week.

I really like my aqueon pro series heater, seems like they get good reviews

Ehiem Jager heaters I have 2 150watt heaters in my tank they have great reviews.

I've been really busy still need to update my tank thread hopefully I can find some time this week.

Thank you both i will check each one one out and some other brands too then report back with what i got

Just got my filters in today i went with 2 aquaclear 70s should have pics of setup coming soon got my organic soil as well couple of days ago just need to get sand and a heater plants will come a little later in spring time

My led lights came in and my heater came in as well happy day lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130304_220629.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130304_220629.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20130304_220645.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130304_220645.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 57
You could even strip bark off trees and glue them on

That would look cool. Or even split logs and put them vertically on the inside spool to offer more support and give it a log cabin type of look.

I love handmade unique things. Pls post photos if you make one. I may get the DH to make one. (dreaming)

That would look cool. Or even split logs and put them vertically on the inside spool to offer more support and give it a log cabin type of look.

I love handmade unique things. Pls post photos if you make one. I may get the DH to make one. (dreaming)

I will when eventually that i do build the spool

Oops, missed a page there, sorry, mybad. I was still dreaming of DIY projects . . .

Your aquarium set up is looking good, like how you did the stands! Very nice!

Thank you its all good just need to get sand i have soil once i get sand ill be set to set up

I know its been awhile with raising a family and work, projects slow down but things are settled now and projects resumed. So and update I've got LEDs now also have a half a bag of play sand waiting to be rinsed will be picking up another bag this weekend so for some pics also does the depth of the dirt base look good I was going for about 1" - 1"1/2 depth then the sand cap this weekend I have my driftwood waiting too

ForumRunner_20130528_221108.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_221118.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_221131.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_221143.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_221159.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_221213.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_221227.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130528_221044.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130528_221044.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 57
OK so my wife is getting my bag of plays and tonight great woman lol so I started prepping the rest of my driftwood my biggest piece I scrubbed was going to tie it to 2 rocks but that wasn't going to work so I siliconed the wood to the rocks.
Now i have to wait for that piece to cure completely the rest are prepped and ready just need sand

ForumRunner_20130530_181304.jpg

ForumRunner_20130530_181315.jpg

ForumRunner_20130530_181326.jpg

ForumRunner_20130530_181338.jpg

OK so I got everything leveled off my power strip where I want it which was above the tank easy to access just waiting for the sand

ForumRunner_20130530_185308.jpg

ForumRunner_20130530_185226.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130530_185237.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130530_185237.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom