55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been up for maybe 6 months I want to say. I l ow that a lot of fish in a 10g but I was thinking a week is ok but I guess it's not going to be a week. I do have my works tank I can put some of my fish in until both my tanks ( 29 and 55g ) are ready.
Use some media from either the 10g or your work tank. Even gravel from one of them. If gravel, put in some pantyhose and place it in the filter so it's touching the sponge or rings of the new filter. If using some sponge from the other tanks, again put it in so it's touching the new sponge. Even cut a piece of sponge off and put it in. This will transfer BB and start off a new colony. You then add one or two of your guppy's to the new tank. Just make sure to keep testing the new tanks water, at least once a day and do water changes if the Ammonia/Nitrites are high. I would bother with the Stress Zyme, useless....

There's a lot more to do besides just add some of the new water in the bag it's in and wait like 10 mins and let the fish go. Lol

That had nothing to do with what we are talking about lol sorry. (What I said)

Lol and I read up on it and its a lot to do for the tank

Go buy 3-4 hardy fish (i recommend zebra danios there 2$ at petsmart) and acclimate them to your tank blah blah blah then for the next week check the water each day for ammonia which should be 0ppm but dont worry if it spikes for the first week or so thats normal and after 2 weeks of the ammonia being at 0ppm than you can add 2-3 fish and then 2-3 in a week there for you bacteria will have grown and eat the fish poop and rotten food! Btw feed every other day and just a pinch.

Go buy 3-4 hardy fish (i recommend zebra danios there 2$ at petsmart) and acclimate them to your tank blah blah blah then for the next week check the water each day for ammonia which should be 0ppm but dont worry if it spikes for the first week or so thats normal and after 2 weeks of the ammonia being at 0ppm than you can add 2-3 fish and then 2-3 in a week there for you bacteria will have grown and eat the fish poop and rotten food! Btw feed every other day and just a pinch.

This is the fish in cycling method, but the op also has the option of a fishless cycle, by adding pure ammonia up to 4 ppm, and then waiting for it to drop below 1 ppm, and dosing it back up to 4 each time afterwards. Do this until in 24 hours, you go from 4 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrites, and any amount of nitrates, to 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and more nitrates than you had 2 hours ago. Then your done. Do a big water change to get nitrates below 40 ppm (but below 20 is better), and you can add fish. You can even fully stock your tank right after you are done doing a fishless cycle. This whole process takes about a month, whereas fish in cycling takes longer (in general).

I want/ need fish in now so ill try the fish in. My 29 at work needs fish in it soon.

I've read to feed them 2 3 times a day?

Yes thats true but not while cycling or your ammonia will raise to high because you dont have bacteria to break down the fish food that your fish dont eat and the fish poop that they will produce when you feed them

Yes thats true but not while cycling or your ammonia will raise to high because you dont have bacteria to break down the fish food that your fish dont eat and the fish poop that they will produce when you feed them

My 10g tank has .25 ammonia and I put fish in it a week after I got it all set up. It's been up for like 2 3 months now. Is that ok or do I need to buy something?

2-3 feeding a day is waaaaaaaay too much. 1 a day at the very most is all fish need.

I do have a breader tank it's my 10g. So do that one 2 3 times a day and the others ones 1 time a day

Back
Top Bottom