55gal FW Masterpiece!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your Leporinus Fasciatus will eventually eat the Cherry Barbs and probably pester the Gourami to death, they seem to be very partial to fish eyes. I'd be very careful with these fish around smaller fish than them.

Actually the Leporinus died during the move so they are no more in my setup Lol and they were actually very gentle I was surprised fast but nice fish I kinda miss now... Just bought another Cichlid, found a way better LFS not to far from home.

Looks great! I prefer a natural look, but I really like how you created a mountain in the middle...looks cool. I think you did a great job streamlining the cords and such in the back so they are not a huge eyesore, but I do agree that a background would just make it pop even more. You def don't have to paint if you don't want to, but even taping a solid black or blue background would be easy and make a big difference. Try to get a black towel or sheet or paper (or whatever you have at home) and put it behind the tank so you can see how it would look. Then you can decide if you like it before buying. But good job making a fun statement with your tank! :)

Thanks Candacecook!!! Its since gotten alot better! All those cords are wrapped up into one strand and they fall directly behind the heater so you honestly can't even see any cords anymore! But ya I'm trying to make my mind up on what type of background to do.... This is my colorful tank, the saltwater tank is the natural one :)

Back
Top Bottom