56g column build - need stocking help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I FINALLY have it planted to where I'm (mostly) happy. Still want foreground plant (dwarf clover or tears?). I am going to move the micro sword, but I wanted to make sure it would live after treating it with alum then peroxide. The plants have a lot of growing to do still to look right.

Finally got lighting I'm happy with: ray2 (for plants) and current led+ for full spectrum. LOVE them together. Plants happy, plenty of light and it looks so nice with the super low profile. Didn't like the t5ho fixtures. Replacing the hobs with xp3 to complete the clean look at the top. Liquid co2, but getting pressurized with inline reactor (NOT in to DIY - with babysitter costs, I would not end up saving anyway). Also got black wrapping paper that I am going to try to use as a background with double sided tape hidden by the rim and seals. We shall see!

My stock:
2 female platies
5 false julii cories
3 male endlers (they get along well -took one out since he was a bully)
2 mysteries
3 horned nerites

Want:
6-10 harlequin rasbora (a few of them will be purple)
7-8 fork tail furcata rainbowfish
8-10 galaxy rasbora/celestial pearl danio
1 dwarf gourami

Does that sound ok? Water is liquid rock (well) and tetras have not been happy, so not interested in trying with tetras anymore.

Forgot a pic!

The three flower balls are cheesy, but my three year old daughter is not willing to part with having them in there. Since the fish are also for their enjoyment, I'm not fighting that battle. Plus, I lost a Cory to the lace rock, so it's out of there and I am not going to mess with other rocks, so they are hiding places too. :)

image-2531613869.jpg

The Celestial Pearl Danio's won't work in that set up. Reason being is they are very shy fish and with being in a big tank with a lot of larger stock they will hide and be totally out competed for food. Those fish really do best in a small species tank.

The Celestial Pearl Danio's won't work in that set up. Reason being is they are very shy fish and with being in a big tank with a lot of larger stock they will hide and be totally out competed for food. Those fish really do best in a small species tank.

THANK YOU!!!!! That is wonderful to know. Will save me on shipping too then. Maybe up the number of harlequins and furcatas?

I would but wanted to tell you I also have a school of Harlequin and Purple Harlequin rasbora's in my 220 and they tend to school more with their own color. Were it me I'd get at least 8 of each color and add a couple more furcates.

I would but wanted to tell you I also have a school of Harlequin and Purple Harlequin rasbora's in my 220 and they tend to school more with their own color. Were it me I'd get at least 8 of each color and add a couple more furcates.

I was wondering if that would be the case. That's great to know and will add extra interest to the tank :) thanks for your wealth of knowledge, Rivercats!

Back
Top Bottom