56G Tall Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidConway

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 56G tall tank that I was originally going to use as a community tank. I think the tank is large enough for cichlids; does anyone have any stocking suggestions? I would like to put in 10 peacocks, but not sure if they would work well in a tall aquarium. Any ideas? As usual, I would prefer colorful fish.

Give the dimensions. The amount of floor space is important

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Since its a tall Id think itd be far better for Angels or Festivums. I wouldn't think Peacocks would appreciate the dimensions however the above listed two would.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ten peacocks in a 56 tall... You are going to get a lot of heat on that topic.
Not enough room unless you're planning to keep them temporarily and they're small.
There are small cichlids you can probably keep in it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just picked up a 56 tall at a yard sale , gonna hvy plant do a pair of angels and Cory's

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal ???, 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank

The 56G is 18" wide, 30" long, and 24" tall. Maybe the 10 peacocks were a little ambitious, but does anyone think I could put any cichlids in it, or should I stick with community fish? I did see that angelfish were a suggestion. Any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411450555.094180.jpg

Blue rams are some less aggressive cichlids , 2.5-3 inches , maybe some tetras would fair well ... Haven't got any of these yet but looking in doing them in one of my smaller tanks .. I'm sure someone will chime in on this ..

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal ???, 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank

Back
Top Bottom