5g Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can't have much. Around here the most common recommendation is a Betta, along with some shrimp or a snail.
The most easily acquired fish are just too big.
There are a couple of teeny tiny micro fish that you can school in a 5g, like Celestial Pearl Danios or Chili Rasboras.
You can also do a pair of Scarlet Badis.
Or a single Dwarf Puffer.

Yes. Shrimp are awesome for a 5g! They're really fun to watch swim around and are probably some of the easiest things to keep in an aquarium:)

Ember or ruby red tetras would be nice. Endlers livebearers are really colorful.

No offense shay, but I wouldn't recommend dwarf corys for anything smaller than a 10 gallon. They are very active! I have some bouncing all over my 15 gallon tank, and I really can't imagine them in a space that small.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No offense shay, but I wouldn't recommend dwarf corys for anything smaller than a 10 gallon. They are very active! I have some bouncing all over my 15 gallon tank, and I really can't imagine them in a space that small.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No offense taken! You're probably right mine are very active in my 30 gallon. I wasn't factoring that in just thinking about the 1 inch rule. Don't listen to me Lol I'm a noob too.

Back
Top Bottom