6.6G Glass only Edge Project? SW or FW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Looking for some ideas.

Traded this tank and filter for a bunch of plants. Nothing else is there just glass tank and filter. The filter has been a problem running correctly so not too sure about it yet, though I think I have another one either just like it or similar size which would fit so either way I COULD have filtration.

Now... What to do with it?

60074-albums14118-picture67421.jpg

A couple of options I was thinking were Macro Algae DT for SW. I have one right now
60074-albums13960-picture67375.jpg

Zoa garden

A terrarium...

A planted "bowl"

A shrimp or Betta tank with a basket in the top growing plants out of it

Some people take the top lip off the top to give it a sharp look but I would be nervous for breaking the tank or loosing stability in the glass.

If anyone has any pics of interesting ideas of the Edge tanks or other small ideas you have done or seen please feel free to post anything like you might be thinking of.

Last edited:
Those are interesting dimensions, you could easily do some type of Nano fish or get a few Peacock Gudgeons.
*edit* no Apistos, did see it was a 6 gallon, little too small for them.

Those are interesting dimensions, you could easily do some type of Nano fish or get a few Peacock Gudgeons.
*edit* no Apistos, did see it was a 6 gallon, little too small for them.

I have lots of nano fish in my other Edge tanks,
Celestial Pearl Danios CPD aka Galaxy Rasbora
Green Neons,
Blue Neon Goby
12G Edge

have had Sundanio Axlerodi Blue Neon (waiting for lfs to get more in - had them for about 2 years till they died off) 6.6G

Chili Rasboras aka Boraras Brigittae,
Scarlet Gem Badis in 6.6G now

All my tanks are kinda Jungle looking.

Could do a similar to Iwagumi.

Don't forget the sexy shrimp if you go zoa garden!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am STILL wanting a little bunch of the Sexy Shrimp in ANY of my tanks!

So atm, the top contenders are Zoa Garden or the Iwagumi. I am also wanting to bang my head against the wall because I am supposed to be reducing the number of tanks I have :BIG: Laugh!

I think I like planting the tanks and little tank water "gardening" and scaping a little more than the fish aspect at the moment. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Keep the ideas and comments coming. I am wide open here still.

Today I cleaned out the tank, there was a little heater too.

So here is one option.

I was going to try out Iwagumi with my Petrified Wood stones, but as I was looking at my rock garden I saw these two stones: the ones on the left. So I tried them not totally sold, but I really love these two rocks, maybe for something else though.
60074-albums14118-picture67468.jpg

Then another thing I thought of while I was turning the tank around cleaning it was that if you turn it sideways so that the opening is open to the rear top and you could do an interesting Paludarium.

You know.. If you do a Zoa tank.. You could pick up the LC super collector pack up right now.. $499 for 25 rare morphs

Now I'm curious...what's in this LC collector pack??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here is a configuration for a Zoa Garden I actually moved the little rocks and switched the small ones on the right and the left rear.
60074-albums14118-picture67475.jpg

Here is the tank sideways maybe for the paludarium
60074-albums14118-picture67474.jpg

ZOA GARDEN!!!!!! And if you want I have agent orange and radioactive dragon eye zoas that need some fragging that I could send your way.

ZOA GARDEN!!!!!! And if you want I have agent orange and radioactive dragon eye zoas that need some fragging that I could send your way.

You are really tempting me!

I would need to figure out a light...
Dimensions: 16.9" L X 10.25" D X 8.75" H

Any moderate cost options, any ideas which would be flat looking on the top?

You are really tempting me!

I would need to figure out a light...
Dimensions: 16.9" L X 10.25" D X 8.75" H

Any moderate cost options, any ideas which would be flat looking on the top?

A PAR38 bulb would be good but probably too much. I'm actually trying to find a light for a 10g zoa frag tank, so I'm most likely not much help.

Back
Top Bottom